Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I'm trying to make my touchpad work but can't seem to work out how. (Kabylake)

The problem I face is that the device that is shown in Windows (and IOReg) is "TPDX" which has _CRS, _STA, etc. methods and everything but they look nothing like the examples (and other people's devices). They use a name "RBUF" but no "SFBG", etc. Oddly enough, there IS another device in my DSDT called "TPD0" which looks like all the devices you can see in this thread / examples, BUT it is not shown in Windows and IOReg. Furthermore, when I don't load the VoodooI2C drivers, there is no "IOInterruptSpecifiers" list for TDPX so there is no APIC PIN number to check.

As I wanted to first try out polling I have only patched my DSDT with the Windows 10 Patch and nothing else yet.
TDPX's _CRS looks nothing like in the examples, so I can't just write "Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI))" to make polling work.

Can anyone point me into the right direction here?
You should not have both Windows 2015 DSDT patch and SSDT-XOSI. Undo the patch.
Remove VoodooI2C.kext + VoodooI2CHID.kext, then re-install. Make sure you're using latest release of both.

H_EC -> EC patch should be enabled in your config.plist.
Use ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi instead of apfs.efi.
DataHubDxe-64.efi can probably be removed. You can try omitting it.
You should use HFSPlus.efi instead of VBoxHfs-64.efi:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
What is HashServiceFix-64.efi? Is that necessary?
In most cases you can use AptioMemoryFix-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

will please someone help me patch voodoi2c with dsdt i dnt want to patch anything related to ssd just my trackpad touchpad is not working thats it keyboard is also working i tried every possible kext ps2 controller i2c elan
i tried every possible text still not working please help if possible guys

Can anyone take a look on my debug file? Trying to figure out whether its an ELAN or Synaptics device so I can proceed.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• debug_28122.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
Can anyone take a look on my debug file? Trying to figure out whether its an ELAN or Synaptics device so I can proceed.
Thanks in advance
you can verify in windows as to what your device is

On windows it says Synaptics but the developer of the EFI file pack for xiaomi 13 6200u says it is elan but I doubt.

Your _CRS method is not patched correctly. It should contain this:
Code:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFI))
When GPIO interrupts will be supported in CFL, you may use this instead:
Code:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFG))
Such new hardware DSDTs are not yet covered in the patching guide.
I tried changing the _CRS method as you suggested to Razeriste, but still no luck.

Attachments

• debug_26273.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
Your _CRS method is not patched correctly. It should contain this:
Code:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFI))
When GPIO interrupts will be supported in CFL, you may use this instead:
Code:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFG))
Such new hardware DSDTs are not yet covered in the patching guide.

Hi! How do I change that? When I look in my DSDT file "Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFI)" appears 4 times after "Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFG)").

Do I have to delete the 4 "Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFG)" lines that appear?

You should not have both Windows 2015 DSDT patch and SSDT-XOSI. Undo the patch.
Remove VoodooI2C.kext + VoodooI2CHID.kext, then re-install. Make sure you're using latest release of both.

H_EC -> EC patch should be enabled in your config.plist.
Use ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi instead of apfs.efi.
DataHubDxe-64.efi can probably be removed. You can try omitting it.
You should use HFSPlus.efi instead of VBoxHfs-64.efi:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
What is HashServiceFix-64.efi? Is that necessary?
In most cases you can use AptioMemoryFix-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

Thanks a ton for your help!

Had both Windows 2015 patch + hot patch in there just in case, but I removed the patch now.
I updated Clover, VoodooI2C.kext + VoodooI2CHID.kext, replaced/removed the drivers (ApfsDriverLoader-64, etc.) as you suggested but still nothing : /

Attachments

• debug_26564.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
Hello guys, I just want to let you know that in this GitHub repo influenist made the synaptic touchpad work as a trackpad.
All the gestures work at 90% (there is indeed a pressure issue sometimes). In this EFI only for the Xiaomi Air 12.5 with the Kabylake-CPU there is a kext named VoodooI2CSynaptics that made the job in addition with the DSDT patches provided on the voodooI2C official repo.
The only issue I am facing at the moment in daily usage is that the trackpad won't work after sleep if I put the laptop to sleep by closing the lid. If I use the menu option "Sleep" the trackpad works even after the wake up.
Maybe this could be a good starting point for developers in order to enable the trackpad on synaptic devices I2C controlled.

You need VoodooI2C.kext, the satellite kext required for you device and VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext. VoodooPS2Controller is for the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back