Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that they changed Trackpads during the year. It's that they decided to offer a different, less expensive model. The Razer Blade basic, the model you have is the one that has the different trackpad with an issue. The Advanced model still has the same trackpad that we have support for on here. The trackpad change was probably one of the cost saving measures they went with to bring the price down (I'm speculating, but they had to cut cost somewhere).

Even though they changed to an ELAN device, that specific ELAN is not listed as supported under VoodooI2C. So it will probably be a while until support is added, if ever.
VoodooI2CHID says it supports devices if the compatible property is PNP0C50 which my ELAN0406 device shows in ioreg. Maybe i'm wrong by this, but i'm desperate and need this trackpad to work :(

Attachments

• CompatibleIds.PNG
    CompatibleIds.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 78
  • HardwareIds.PNG
    HardwareIds.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 81
No IOReg is included in your debug archive, make sure you have the correct version in /Applications.

Sorry I didn't see that the file wasn't in it. Here's the new one.

Attachments

• debug_22663 2.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 67
Make sure you patch _CRS under TPD0. Search for the TPD0 device declaration, then scroll a bit down to see _CRS.
You should have no issue compiling your DSDT. You've already compiled it (proof is EFI/Clover/acpi/patched/DSDT.aml)
If you need further help, attach a new set of files. You may use gen_debug.sh, press F2 and F4 in the Clover GUI before running the script. Make sure IOReg is included.
I did exactly what you said and succesfully complied DSDT but still have same issue nothing changed thanks for your help here are new files.

Attachments

• Arch.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 73
I did exactly what you said and succesfully complied DSDT but still have same issue nothing changed thanks for your help here are new files.
GPIO interrupts are working now.
Check out SysPrefs>Accessibility>Mouse & Trackpad>Trackpad Options.
You should have dragging enabled, without drag lock. If it's set like that, you may wait for next VoodooI2C release, or try to compile latest source yourself and see if this issue was resolved.

I have an Acer A515-52G-73LG with a Synaptics I2C touchpad. In my bios there's no way to change the touchpad mode to basic.
I tried to follow the guide, and patched the dtst, but the touchpad doesn't work at all. I'm attaching a folder with my IOReg, my origin dtst, my patched dtst, the log, some info about my notebook and my Clover folder. I hope there's nothing missing.

Attachments

• A515-52.zip
    14.3 MB · Views: 80
It has been done, but the problem persists.
Your _CRS method is not patched correctly. It should contain this:
Code:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFI))
When GPIO interrupts will be supported in CFL, you may use this instead:
Code:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFG))
Such new hardware DSDTs are not yet covered in the patching guide.

I have an Acer A515-52G-73LG with a Synaptics I2C touchpad. In my bios there's no way to change the touchpad mode to basic.
I tried to follow the guide, and patched the dtst, but the touchpad doesn't work at all. I'm attaching a folder with my IOReg, my origin dtst, my patched dtst, the log, some info about my notebook and my Clover folder. I hope there's nothing missing.
Do not remove all of the _CRS method's content from TPAD.
Replace just this part:
Code:
                    If (LLess (OSYS, 0x07DC))
                    {
                        Return (SBFI)
                    }

If (Ones)
                    {
                        Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))
                    }

Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI))
With this:
Code:
                    Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))

See your system log - VoodooI2C is not even loaded, it's not installed properly. Remove it, then re-install latest release properly.

And all those OS patches you have are wrong. Undo them, and use just the Windows 2015 patch.
You can also try to emulate Windows 2017.2, instead.
You may do it by replacing this line:
If (_OSI ("Windows 2017.2"))
With this:
If (LOr (_OSI ("Darwin"), _OSI ("Windows 2017.2")))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back