Contribute
Register

VoiletDragon's NAS Build: H97N-WIFI - Core i3 4360 - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing. Thanks so much for your help. I assume I can do all of this on a standard OSX install, no need for OSX Server, right?

Yep. Download the Server App from the Mac App Store costs £19.99 here in the UK.

Absolutely you can. Have a look at my NAS build. I tried the server app but it didnt exactly fit my needs and i found it much more straight forward using the normal OSX desktop.

Fantastic, will do. I've got a lot of reading to do but it sounds like I'm on the right track with a standard OSX workstation build with the extra drive bays for a swappable, expandable RAID array.

Thanks so much for all the help!

One thing I should put in post #1 is that File Sharing in System Preferences -> Sharing doesn't work very well with Windows but works better with Windows if you use File Sharing in the Server App leaving File Sharing turned off in System Preferences -> Sharing.

Fantastic, will do. I've got a lot of reading to do but it sounds like I'm on the right track with a standard OSX workstation build with the extra drive bays for a swappable, expandable RAID array.

Thanks so much for all the help!

Are you thinking of getting the same case in this build?

It's my favorite so far. Any advice?

The case was the only case I could find at the time of purchasing there isn't many cases like this around that are ITX.

Yeah, I haven't found anything that would compare. It's a gorgeous case and pretty awesome for an NAS.

Only place I could find this was on Scan at the time. Amazon was sold out. Remember that it takes SFX Power supplies and not ATX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back