Contribute
Register

VisionTek AMD Radeon RX560 4gb Low Profile "true single slot" Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the HP or Dell SFF models it's that the front fan has so much behind it blocking the air intake it doesn't really cool anything internal. I often just unplug it to reduce fan noise.

That looks pretty clean on the interior. Did it come like that or did you take it apart and clean it ?

Neither of my Dell Opiplex 3050 SFF nor this HP ProDesk 400 G6 SFF have any case fans. When running on just IGPU it's absolutely fine especially since all my CPUs have been delidded. However, with a dGPU, it gets toasty.

Yeah, I picked up a barebones unit from eBay for $80 because I had an i5-9400F. I wanted to put the CPU to work and I wanted a system approx the size of the video game console. The system arrived really clean inside. There were a few very minor scuffs on the exterior but I don't really care about that.

Edit:
Btw, getting macOS running on the ProDesk was very tricky. I wasn't planning on doing a write up on it but I think it may benefit some people and have reconsidered...

You did really well getting a new card for that price. :thumbup:

True single-slot cards of that power are pretty rare. My own Dell OEM RX560 may look like a single-slot card but the heatsink is two-slots wide. Mind you, it does keep the card cool, but it wouldn't fit in that Prodesk. o_O

Yeah, again, I'm pretty impressed with how well this little card performs. Imagine what they can do if they went to 7nm on this...

Yes. I didn't mind paying a bit more because it's a true single slot and low profile card.

Those seem to be about the only RX 560 that sells for anywhere near the retail price. Sounds like a good option.

Third party Newegg sellers are still acting like scalpers trying to make a quick buck.

View attachment 527589
Insane, I had a few at my local micro center for about $180. They lasted a couple of days before they were gone.

Yeah, again, I'm pretty impressed with how well this little card performs. Imagine what they can do if they went to 7nm on this...

Yes. I didn't mind paying a bit more because it's a true single slot and low profile card.
AMD could sell boatloads of Polaris 12-14nm cards if they have GloFlo supply the chips. They dwindled down to having them make the infinity fabric parts for CPUs and the “Vega”(Lexa) APU s.

I had a few at my local micro center for about $180. They lasted a couple of days before they were gone.
Amazon limits them to 1 per customer but many people will create multiple accts. to buy more at this price. At least Amazon is doing the right thing.

Screen Shot 19.jpg

AMD could sell boatloads of Polaris 12-14nm cards if they have GloFlo supply the chips. They dwindled down to having them make the infinity fabric parts for CPUs and the “Vega”(Lexa) APU s.

I'm really looking forward to the rumored APUs with Navi. Even the current crop of APUs are pretty awesome. It's unfortunate that we can't get acceleration in macOS or I'd be all over it for a tiny build.

I'm really looking forward to the rumored APUs with Navi. Even the current crop of APUs are pretty awesome. It's unfortunate that we can't get acceleration in macOS or I'd be all over it for a tiny build.
Hopefully the new Navi APUs will be hackable. The current Lexa chips just don't want to give in.

Here's my Athlon Vega 3 chip 2 cores and 4 threads.
WEG now has much better injection with open core, check out the Vram.
Athlon Graphics 2048mb.png

PCI has drivers loaded but no MSI.
Athlon PCI.png

Extensions loaded except Framebuffer.kext, no display output.
Athlon Extensions.png

Hackintool info, decoder failed but lists as RX550/560
Athlon rx550.png

This is the closest I've been to acceleration but still miles away from a working APU.

Hopefully the new Navi APUs will be hackable. The current Lexa chips just don't want to give in.

Here's my Athlon Vega 3 chip 2 cores and 4 threads.
WEG now has much better injection with open core, check out the Vram.
View attachment 527751

PCI has drivers loaded but no MSI.
View attachment 527752

Extensions loaded except Framebuffer.kext, no display output.
View attachment 527750

Hackintool info, decoder failed but lists as RX550/560
View attachment 527753

This is the closest I've been to acceleration but still miles away from a working APU.

So close yet so far.....

This is the lowest price for a new RX 560 that I've seen in a long time. Supply must be catching up again. In stock soon.

Screen Shot 4.jpg

There is also a 2GB version that sells for 10 dollars less. The 4GB is the better choice.

This is the lowest price for a new RX 560 that I've seen in a long time. Supply must be catching up again. In stock soon.

View attachment 529369

There is also a 2GB version that sells for 10 dollars less. The 4GB is the better choice.
AMD should really consider opening up Global Foundries 12-14nm Polaris production. They could sell every card produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back