EVGA e-GeForce 9800
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

So I finally was able to complete a fully-functioning El Capitan install on an EXTERNAL HDD based on my ASUS motherboard. I have 4 drives in a RAID-10 Configuration (500gb each, for a total of 1TB usable and 1TB RAID) currently wired to the SATA ports of the machine. They have Windows 10 loaded on them. My question was, is there any way to be able to see and write on those hard drives? I was planning on using them for music/photo storage and editing.

Thanks for the help and your time! :D

If you mean to use the NTFS formatted drives while using the Mac OS X then you have to add additional third party software. I have Paragon's NTFS for Mac installed, version 14 I think. However, I would think twice about depending on that to solve the audio file issues. To be sure, using OS X to save time-based data like audio on an NTFS drive is problematic. People have tried to use EXTfs but that has problems also.

What I do is save natively (in a Mac HFS+ formatted drive) while using, say Logic/Garageband and then use the Finder to copy the file to the NTFS drive (using Paragon of course.) My NTFS drive is a storage NAS drive.

http://www.paragon-software.com/products/home/for_mac.html

Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to get a suggestion for an application just like this. I was going to do exactly as you said and use finder to copy my files to the NTFS drives after I have generated them. Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back