Graphics
GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I just finished installing 10.8.5 and I am trying to get everything working correctly. (just an FYI I have been researching and I am not trying to be lazy I just haven't found anything that has worked yet.)

Next on my list is the graphics. I have to boot in safe mode as of now because it does not work otherwise, I get odd ripples and weird graphics repeats when I try to do certain things. Also when I am in Firefox, YouTube videos do not play. iTunes trailers and such do not either. I installed flash but it still doesn't work.

Also, my Elgato Game Capture HD does not work with the software and now when it is hooked up to my other monitor the monitors HDMI does not work.

I have a GeForce GTX 760 2GB card. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello, I just finished installing 10.8.5 and I am trying to get everything working correctly. (just an FYI I have been researching and I am not trying to be lazy I just haven't found anything that has worked yet.)

Next on my list is the graphics. I have to boot in safe mode as of now because it does not work otherwise, I get odd ripples and weird graphics repeats when I try to do certain things. Also when I am in Firefox, YouTube videos do not play. iTunes trailers and such do not either. I installed flash but it still doesn't work.

Also, my Elgato Game Capture HD does not work with the software and now when it is hooked up to my other monitor the monitors HDMI does not work.

I have a GeForce GTX 760 2GB card. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The reason you are not able to perform graphics related tasks as you are only able to boot in safe mode. Your graphics card requires GraphicsEnabler=No where the default in Mountain Lion is Yes. This was changed in MultiBeast for Mavericks. At the Chimera boot screen hit the space bar and type in GraphicsEnabler=No. Test and report back.

This was changed in MultiBeast for Mavericks. At the Chimera boot screen hit the space bar and type in GraphicsEnabler=No. Test and report back.

I am using MultiBeast 5.5.5 (for ML.) When the only bootflag I use is GraphicsEnabler=No, it just gets stuck at the Boot Screen and will show the Apple symbol with the white background and stay there. I am sure something is going on and this could be the infamous infinite loop people are talking about? So to be writing this to you know I once again had to Safe Boot.

I am sure you need more info to diagnose this, what info do I need to provide now? Also would it help to know that my computer recgonizes my GPU as a NVIDIA GK104 when I have a GTX 760?

Thanks for the quick response btw!

I am using MultiBeast 5.5.5 (for ML.) When the only bootflag I use is GraphicsEnabler=No, it just gets stuck at the Boot Screen and will show the Apple symbol with the white background and stay there. I am sure something is going on and this could be the infamous infinite loop people are talking about? So to be writing this to you know I once again had to Safe Boot.

I am sure you need more info to diagnose this, what info do I need to provide now? Also would it help to know that my computer recgonizes my GPU as a NVIDIA GK104 when I have a GTX 760?

Thanks for the quick response btw!

If you haven't done so already enter the BIOS as you are using a discreet graphics card and disable the onboard Intel graphics. Reboot and test with start up.

What cable and monitor are you using?

Well I can now boot out of safe mode with GraphicsEnabler=No with Intel Graphics off, I am using an LG 24EC53 via HDMI. I will be getting new Asus http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058UUR6E/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 monitors Wednesday though.

The Graphics tasks also work now as well as the YouTube videos. I will report back about the Elgato, but thank you so much for solving my problem! It is crazy how one simple BIOS setting can affect the whole use of a system! Thanks again! :D

So now the graphics stop working entirely and the display freezes after about an hour or so of use? I have to hard shut down the computer. I also tested the Elgato and it works fine but has to reset the connection every 5 to 10 minutes or so, this is also probably graphics related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back