Contribute
Register

Video Guide - Snow Leopard on an ASUS P7P55D - [10.6.8]

Re: Video Guide - Installing Snow Leopard on an ASUS P7P55D.

I think i know the problem, same problm described in this tread is b'cos

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3651

ATI HD5770 not support yet ?!

Just like after iboot ATI, it loads into the chameleon screen, after F5 see the snow leopard install disk, but next step enter it goes into apples white boot screen or restarts the system. Never managed to get to the SL install screen :evil: :evil:

I have: Asus P6x58d Premium / BIOS 0604 (out of the box this way.) / Intel I7 930 2.8 CPU / 4088mb of memory - I have tried several different CD / DVD drives - I can not get any of the iboot downloads to work with this combo. Does anyone else have it working with this mobo / proc?

Hi Beelzebozo :D
Yesterday I installed Mac osx 10.6.4 follow your guide,everything seems ok ;)
but I have a question,the system is running 32 or 64 bit?

32-bit mode. I don't care much for 64-bit OS X.

beelzebozo said:
32-bit mode. I don't care much for 64-bit OS X.
I am waiting for the ultimate guide about installing 10.6.4
(my first installation seems to be successfully completed but may be missing something).
My BIOS version is the 1702 and Mac OSX run very good but I used a SATA 1 disk from a laptop and the boot speed is a little bit but I made only a test :lol:
When posting the guide to the latest version of Mac OSX will install permanently ;)

The only real issue I found with the voodoohda audio since I use front audio out and mic in is that after the VoodooHDA gets installed, run repair permissions, and reboot, I get no sound. But, I found a trick to get it working which is to shut down, turn your PSU switch to off, unplug the power cable, plug it back in, flip the PSU switch back on, start up and that should fix the no sound issue. I think this problem occurs only with the P7P55D boards.
If I didn't do this little trick, I wouldn't get the front audio to work at all also in Win7...

I'm about to release a 10.6.4 demo however I just got an ATI 5770 and I'm caught in a battle to get it to work... :crazy:

I noticed that you had several hard drives. How would the procedure change for those of us with only one? Do we have to delete Windows 7 of it first, and then reinstall it after getting OSX Snow Leopard up and running? Or can you somehow just make a partition for it? :silent:

Thanks. If you know the fix to that AHCI swap, that'd be great. I am a klutz when it comes to Google and finding what I need. :lol:

Hi...i'm still waiting a videoguide for installing 10.6.4 :D

This post has been updated to reflect the release of my 10.6 - 10.6.4 installation guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2067&p=15996#p15996

Thanks!

Update: I've included a "quick guide" for MultiBeast 2.1.1 kexts installation.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lr7B-ry7RQ[/VIDEO]

Back