Contribute
Register

Video Guide - Snow Leopard on an ASUS P7P55D - [10.6.8]

Re: Video Guide - Installing Snow Leopard on an ASUS P7P55D.

everything went fine for me except then my install froze halfway through and wouldn't keep going. I ended up having to turn off the computer and now when i try and re do it it wont load the OS X installer properly. Any suggestions? Thanks!

cwmonty said:
everything went fine for me except then my install froze halfway through and wouldn't keep going. I ended up having to turn off the computer and now when i try and re do it it wont load the OS X installer properly. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Wiggle the mouse every so often during the install- some systems fall asleep during the install, and freeze up. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your help! I got everything going eventually but now I have run into another problem...I tried installing a kext file using multibeast later on after my install was all done because my computer was not detecting my second hard drive (which is just blank). I thought I was installing a kernel that would do this but when I restarted it boots to the grey screen with the apple logo and then it just spins and spins and spins...so I must have done something wrong with the kernel. Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks again

Hey there ... I've tried to install SL 10.6.3, I do also have the ASUS P7P55D Motherboard

Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, 2800 MHz, 4 Kern(e), 8 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
BIOS-Version/-Datum American Megatrends Inc. 1408, 25.03.2010

ATI Radeon 3870 with 512 MB RAM
Samsung HD501LJ HDD
Pioneer BD-ROM BDC-202 ATA

I have iBoot ATI, and I do boot with -v -f

The system boots, but I don't get the language selection screen, before that I get a white screen ... and nothing more happens :(

Any ideas, what's wrong?
When I try to boot again, i get the message the ACPI-Table wasn't found ...

The issue was very simple .... no ATI-cards worked with iBoot ... which I find is very ... unfortunate, because they are faster and more stable than nvidia ... I think, I have to wait until new kexts are available ...

Max_Berlin said:
The issue was very simple .... no ATI-cards worked with iBoot ... which I find is very ... unfortunate, because they are faster and more stable than nvidia ... I think, I have to wait until new kexts are available ...
Are you using iBoot ATI? It should work, what is the device id for your card?

Sure ... I downloaded iBoot-ATI and iBoot-Supported ...

I've used the HD3870 for 3 years with Leopard from 10.1 to 10.7, now I bought a nvidia GT220 ... it works :problem:

I have a HD5770 1GB, I'll wait until Apple uses them in the new computers ...

I'm going to be doing a similar setup to you, but with an i7 860 and a GTS 250. I also want to be able to dual boot Windows 7. Would it be ok to partition my OSX hard drive to have an NTFS section where I can put Windows 7, or would I have to have a second hard drive?

utwarreng said:
I'm going to be doing a similar setup to you, but with an i7 860 and a GTS 250. I also want to be able to dual boot Windows 7. Would it be ok to partition my OSX hard drive to have an NTFS section where I can put Windows 7, or would I have to have a second hard drive?

I prefer to have each OS on it's own hard drive but it's really up to you what you want, however you can partition 1 hard drive in half for each OS.

Max_Berlin said:
Sure ... I downloaded iBoot-ATI and iBoot-Supported ...

I've used the HD3870 for 3 years with Leopard from 10.1 to 10.7, now I bought a nvidia GT220 ... it works :problem:

I have a HD5770 1GB, I'll wait until Apple uses them in the new computers ...

Hello Max,

Can I install to SATA3 HD ? I have similar mother board on Core i7 and ATI HD5700.
Does ATI HD5770 not support ?
I can boot to Chameleon using iBoot-ATI, however when replace the SL installation disk and run, the system flash and rebooted every time.
Please advice any steps did i miss or wrong set up :beachball: ?
Many thanks.

Back