Contribute
Register

Ventura on Ivy Bridge

Hi. I tried without the flag -wegnoigpu (removed OCLP patches, removed flag, install OCLP again, same results).
About this mac shows "AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB" so it looks good.
Removed -cryptbeta and amfi=0x80 and as you said everything still works. Added the new params under DELETE.

Same results, still no HD4000 listed under OCLP and visual glitches (slow animations, white frames on desktop, bad contrasts, etc) related with no gpu accel

Did you use an iMac SMBIOS as well? MacPro doesn't support iGPUs.

AND: Maybe the iGPU will only be recognized for patching if it is actually using a framebuffer for displaying a picture.

BUT: If your monitor is connected to your Vega64 then the issue is related to the GPU not the iGPU. Sounds like the driver is not really loaded.

Run kextstat in terminal.
  • AMDRadeonX5000.kext should be present, if it is loaded.
If it's not in the list, well then you know why GPU Acceleration is not working

Using SMBIOS iMac13,2 right now. Monitor is connected to Vega GPU and the kext is listed.

Then i don't know why it's not working. Use the iGPU (with the correct framebuffer) for now and check if patching the intel HD 4000 works now. Make sure the iGPU is not disabled in BIOS! Then you at least have iGPU acceleration and can use the system.

Hi, I have managed to boot with 1Mac18,2, but it wud not start if I changed SMBIO to imac13,1. on iMac18,2, after applying CPI management, the apps have stopped crashing, but the windows take forever to refresh with ghosting when minimizing etc
Any suggestions for SMBIOs & fix for ghosting plz
Thank You

@luckyearl Did you apply root patches with OCLP to install Intel HD 4000 Drivers so graphics acceleration works? Swiching SMBIOS only works after adding booter patches, RestrictEvents.kext and additional NVRAM parameters: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/14_OCLP_Wintel/Ivy_Bridge-Ventura.md
Thank you @5T33Z0 I did read your guide, and applied the patches & OCLP
I was on Monterey [was old installation of BiogSur which I updated]. I don’t how or why went to Ventura, and Safari / BTTT / PopClip etc started crashing randomly. To date can't get dropbox app going.
I went thru your guide and applied the patches/ CPU m/m system. The apps no longer crash, except for the lag on rendering windows
I thought will try 13,1 [matches my CPU & as per your guide], the Mac wud not boot. Shall I upload my Config ?
Thank you

Last edited:
Hi @5T33Z0, attached is config file. Thank you for looking at it

Attachments

• config.plist
    59.9 KB · Views: 45
@luckyearl You didn't follow my guide with the required precision and that's why it's not working!
  • Booter/Patch
    • Booter Patches are Missing! That's why switchin SMBIOS doesn't work
  • DeviceProperties
    • PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0):
      • Delete the device-id! it's the wrong ID and it's also not required when using a Mainboard with Q77 chipset
  • Kernel/Patch: Kernel Patches missing
  • Kernel/Add:
    • Delete CPUFriend.kext – it's only for CPUs with XCPM support and: it doesn't do anything without the accompaning CPUFriendDataProvider.kext.
    • Add MinKernel 22.0.0 to CryptexFixup, RestrictEvents, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext so they are only injected in macOS Ventura
  • Misc/Tools:
    • Disable/Delete all of them. You don't need any of them under normal circumstances
    • NVRAM Reset is a driver now. So add ResetNvramEntry.efi to UEFI/drivers instead.
  • NVRAM
    • All parameters from the guide missing!
    • ipc_control_port_options=0 boot-arg missing
Fix these issues and everything will be fine.

Back