Contribute
Register

Ventura on Ivy Bridge

My step1. Make sure the efi could run macOS 12 Monterey at ivy bridge + rx560.

step2. download and add the CryptexFixup to kexts folder and config.plist.

step3. config.plist
boot-args add -amd_no_dgpu_accel -cryptbeta amfi=0x80 ipc_control_port_options=0 amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1
Disable SIP: csr-active-config: 03080000
SecureBootModel: Disabled
Dmgloading: any

step4. Install macOS Ventura
step5. Login Ventura and download OCLP. Root Patch for dGPU and finally boot-args remove -amd_no_dgpu_accel

reboot and done!
Thanks.
Cool thanks! I was able to install Ventura (running without dgpu) but I'm getting troubles trying to install OCLP. It kind of stucks when clicking "install". I'll keep trying.

I was able to install Ventura. The OS starts in "low" res with Finder crashes all over the place (killall Finder returns "no matching processes where found").

Installed the OCLP for my dgpu, removed the flag "-amd_no_dgpu_accel" but same results as before, the OS looks broken and no gpu accel.

I was able to install Ventura. The OS starts in "low" res with Finder crashes all over the place (killall Finder returns "no matching processes where found").

Installed the OCLP for my dgpu, removed the flag "-amd_no_dgpu_accel" but same results as before, the OS looks broken and no gpu accel.
best to upload your zipped EFI so someone can take a look

I've written a comprehensive in-depth guide for installing/upgrading to macOS Ventura my my repo:

@AlxZu read my guide and adjust your config and EFI accordingly. And disable SSDT-PLUG while you're at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've written a comprehensive in-depth guide for installing/upgrading to macOS Ventura my my repo:
Thanks for the info, I got Sandy Bridge's CPU power management working.

Thanks for your reply. I've managed to make it boot without issues (thanks!!!) but still no graphics accelerations (after patching it with OCLP and removing the boot flags). Not sure what I'm missing here

@AlxZu Which patches did you apply with OCLP? It should have offered patches for both the iGPU and your Vega64.

Check the following:

I just got the Vega64 option to patch with OCLP :confused:

I just tried:
- Deleting/adding -wegnoigpu
- Change SMBIOS from iMac, macPro (7,1 and 1,1)
- Adding the Vega64/56 SSDT

The OS boots perfectly (no issues) but without graphics acceleration whatsoever. I'm attaching my last EFI just in case.

Thanks for your help @5T33Z0

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 104
@AlxZu My guess is that the iGPU is not listed for patching because a) it's disabled by -wegnoigpu and b) you are using a headless framebuffer. So delete the -wegnoigpu, reboot and try patching with OCLP again.

Check "About this Mac Section". Which GPU is listed?

Delete other boot-args:

-cryptbeta (all "beta" boot-args are only required for unsupported versions of macOS to skip macos versio checks. So basically only needed on macOS 14…)
amfi=0x80 (redundant since amfi is disable anyway)

NVRAM:
If you ADD parameters like revpatch and revblock to the ADD section, you also need to add them to the corresponding DELETE section so the parameters can be deleted before being changed if needed.

Back