Contribute
Register

Ventura on Ivy Bridge

Thank you, will get on with it

Hi, I hope its good, but still this does not boot. It stops before I get apple on both screens [just in case it helps where the problem is]
Thank you for all your help

OC: Kernel patcher result 5 for kernel (Force IOGetVMMPresent) - Not Found

Attachments

• config.plist
    59.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Looking much better now.
  • DeviceProperties: you deleted the whole PCI path for the iGPU. But I said: "delete the device-id". The iGPU needs to be in there! So add it again (just without the device-id)
  • csr-active-config: use 03080000
  • boot-args: no comma betweeen: amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 ipc_control_port_options=0
  • UEFI/Drivers: delete OpenHFSPlus. You already have HFSPlus.
  • PlatformInfo/Generic: You need to generate Serials!

Last edited by a moderator:
@5T33Z0

Thank you for all your help. I learned a lot today. and the best bit the machine boots too
Just wondering if the ghosting can be made better ?
Thank you again for your help

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 23.26.35.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 23.26.35.png
    785.2 KB · Views: 37
Just wondering if the ghosting can be made better ?
In the case of USDT, it will not be displayed properly unless the following PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) are defined in DeviceProperties.

USDT DeviceProperties.png

It seems to be "Ultra Slim Desktop", see here.

Regarding the setting of PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0), there is a working report here, but I can't verify it because I don't own USDT.

Thanks. The framebuffer does exist and is listed in WhateverGreen's Intel HD FAQ, but it's not listed in the Dortania Guide, since it is not the recommended one. I am not so sure if HDMI 2.0 existed when Ivy Bridge came out so this property might do nothing. My Ivy Bridge System is a Laptop so I can't test it. I guess we have to wait and see if it works for luckyearl.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Asural -> working report was me. and thank you for your help. It did work to start with, then don’t know what happened
@5T33Z0 -> The machine has been stable, and working very well -> thank u

Ghosting -> I have applied the patches as per Asural, up till now it appears smooth, wud report back if any issues

Thank you for help

Cool. I've updated the guide with info about compatible framebuffer patches and an accompanying plist which includes all the settings for cross-referencing. This is a pretty solid now.

So now I would like to write the next guide. I guess I start with Sandy Bridge. Unfortunately I don't have a Sandy Bridge system. My guess is that I only have to change the guide in certain areas though: Framebuffers, SMBIOS, Kernel Patches. Later, once I have more guides, I am thinking about moving them to their own Repo.

Back