Contribute
Register

UtterDisbelief 2020 - Z390M Gaming i5-9600K 32GB RX560/RX570

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the 4GB version.
Me too. I got one gently used for about 90 USD. Cost a lot less than a new or used RX 560 4GB would have cost. Those are so popular with low budget gamers they are nearly impossible to find reasonably priced. Have a look at the MSI on Amazon. Don't think the low budget gamers are buying at these inflated prices.

$261 for a 560 4GB ! :crazy: Who in their right mind would pay that these days ?

Screen Shot 7.jpg

Last edited:
Me too. I got one gently used for about 90 USD. Cost a lot less than a new or used RX 560 4GB would have cost. Those are so popular with low budget gamers they are nearly impossible to find reasonably priced. Have a look at the MSI on Amazon. Don't think the low budget gamers are buying at these inflated prices.

$261 for a 560 4GB ! :crazy: Who in their right mind would pay that these days ?

View attachment 476502

(Gets my old one on Ebay pretty fast!! :) )

Yes, I clearly sold mine too early.

I have a system with core i7 4790k and gigabyte z97-d3h mb. Will the 570 work? And does it required any installation or just plug and play? And it has only only hdmi port, am i correct?

I have a system with core i7 4790k and gigabyte z97-d3h mb. Will the 570 work? And does it required any installation or just plug and play? And it has only only hdmi port, am i correct?

Hi there.

i can't specifically advise for your CPU/Motherboard as those weren't the components used in this build, however I don't see why not. A quick site search shows several people have put RX570's in Z97 systems. Take a look and see if any are similar :thumbup:.

Note: if you are moving from HD4600 to RX570 then there will be some necessary settings changes when you first install it.

Yes, there seems to be more than one version of this GPU. The model I have is the Rev. 2.0 version and came with 1x HDMI port and 3x Display ports only. The previous Rev. 1.0/1.1 had a DVI port in the mix.

:)

Last edited:
Hi Utter!,

I have the same motherboard, and I'm stuck with some problems. Can you help me?

I can try.

What are the problems?

I really don´t know if I use UniBeast, Clover. I try with both, and I have the same result. I don´t now how I start. I have and old Mac Mini late 2012 to make the USB.

I really don´t know if I use UniBeast, Clover. I try with both, and I have the same result. I don´t now how I start. I have and old Mac Mini late 2012 to make the USB.

Depending on the version of macOS you are using, you either follow the main Catalina Installation Guide, or one of the others from the Forum/Installation menu. This is how I installed on this machine. I highlight any special settings in post #1.

As an alternative, you can always check out my colleague @pastrychef 's guide here. It's the same motherboard and goes into much more depth :thumbup:

August 2020 - Small Update:

Long days in lockdown, or restricted travel, means there's more time to adjust and polish our builds. I completely dismantled the PC, cleaned it and changed a few parts for good measure. Some are new parts, others from my parts-box.

Major change is the case. The Cooler Master Silencio has gone and been replaced with a Fractal Design Define Mini C. The reason for this was to bring the USB and sound ports to the front rather than along the top side as they were previously. The PC sits under a desk. Same high-quality steel case and components. Similar mounting points for SSD, HDD and fans. Slightly shorter from to back as there's no optical-drive bay.

Apologies for the long, red cable. This is a temporary eSATA back-plate I was using to test Windows after the initial build. It has now been removed:

Side.jpg

That blue power LED is rather bright. Drowns out the HDD LED around the power button. Might have to solder-in a resistor or change the HDD LED:

Front.jpg

Next was a swap-out of the Gigabyte RX570 for an Asus RX570 8GB. Someone in the family needed a GPU quickly so I "lent" them mine, but it didn't look like it was coming back any time soon ...

Finally, as mentioned in the original build description I planned on changing the CPU heatsink fan for a Noctua. I did and replaced the Golden Field heatsink with my old, more efficient Zalman CNPS11X as I was cleaning everything anyway. Nothing particularly wrong with the GF item, just a choice thing. The PC is much quieter now, if not so colourful.

Fractal Design Define Mini C Case:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MQD6YVM/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Asus Rog Strix RX570 OC Edition 8GB:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XH69LKM/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Noctua NF-P12 PWM very quite fan. Sadly this does not seem to be available any more, Noctua having moved on to a different range. However if you can find one, they are gold:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006I6HMXI/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back