Contribute
Register

UtterDisbelief 11 - Skylake H170M-D3H Intel i3 6300 3.8ghz EVGA GT740 SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what is the current status for fixing USB on the GA-H170M-D3H? Does everone just use the USBinject kext although it's not meant for long-time use?

My ports are working all fine with 2.0 devices without any modifications (no port limit raise, or usb inject kext). How is this possible

So, what is the current status for fixing USB on the GA-H170M-D3H? Does everone just use the USBinject kext although it's not meant for long-time use?

My ports are working all fine with 2.0 devices without any modifications (no port limit raise, or usb inject kext). How is this possible

Good news that all is working for you :)

The "official" way to keep everything running smoothly is to create a USB port definition file, so that you can remove the port-limit increase patch etc. This is useful to avoid sleep problems using a Bluetooth USB.

However, if it isn't broken, don't mend it. Things usually go wrong when you change stuff! ;)

Hi!

I just built a mackintosh on a H170M-D3H, i3 6100, R9 270x vapor x and 16GB of ballistix sport ram.
Everything went smooth as butter, just a word on the audio drivers, added realtekALC.kext in System/Library/Extensions and removed appleHDA.kext
Extend port limit 100 in multicast worked great, iMac 14,2 definition, didn't touched it

Hi there. I'm following your thread once in a while since you are using more or less the same hardware combo as myself. I was wondering if you managed to get Sierra 10.12.5 working. I'm trying to do a fresh install with this version, and, after installing, I get stuck with a HID error. Any specific steps I need to take before I can do a clean install of 10.12.5?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

No steps required, simply followed the installation guide step by step, can I get an image of the error?

Hi,

No steps required, simply followed the installation guide step by step, can I get an image of the error?
I received the attached error. Sometimes it is replaced by an usbmsc error.

Attachments

• IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 88
Is your unibeast created usb drive is on UEFI mode? You can select that option in unibeast
Seems to be a usb problem, but more like a "extend ports limit" no working, can anyone confirm this?

Is your unibeast created usb drive is on UEFI mode? You can select that option in unibeast
Seems to be a usb problem, but more like a "extend ports limit" no working, can anyone confirm this?
Yes it is created for uefi boot mode. I had 10.12.1 working before but I feel that this time with a clean install I missed a step.

did you cleaned all your partitions of your old drive? I'm wondering if your old config.plist is making a bit of a mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back