Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
System:
Z68MA
Core i3 2120
GeForce GT 430.

Where I'm at: My 4th clean install, I have an extracted DSDT with absolutely no edits/patches to it, but hey, at least it compiles.
No installed HDAs/Enablers for fear of having to do another clean install without fully understanding what I'm supposed to be doing.

What I've done: Read every thread on enabling HDMI Audio written by Toleda or Tony, which I think might have been a big mistake as I'm completely confused at this point.

Like an idiot I decided I was going to try my hand at going bleeding edge and fark up my almost-perfectly-fine Lion/BIOS setup and upgrade to UEFI. I've been combing the forums and blog all day, and at this point there is TOO much information on certain subjects (the articles just on HDMI Audio in Mountain Lion/Lion link to each other in infinite loops at this point) and not enough on others (creating a DSDT for UEFI systems, for instance, since it's not clear anywhere whether the article regarding creating your own DSDT is still current for UEFI builds, and when I follow the directions, nothing comes anywhere NEAR compiling) and the bottom line is that at this point I CANT FIGURE OUT WHICH WAY IS UP.

I see several threads on enabling HDMI Audio for those of you lucky enough to have HD 3/4000 (but I have a lowly i3 with HD 2000, so that's not an option. Besides, I've shelled out dough for a 430, and that was after many previous video card attempts, so I'd like to use it.), but I've not been able to find any on getting HDMI audio edits/processes/instructions for discreet GFX cards when you're dealing with a UEFI install and there's no DSDT.

Now that my family depends on the HTPC for their daily entertainment, I'm going to get throttled if I don't get this machine back up in a hurry (preferably before my spouse decides he must see the last episode of Breaking Bad ...)

Can anyone pitch in and help out?
If you happen to have a working DSDT for this combo, that'd be awesome.
Otherwise: assistance with creating the DSDT for a UEFI system? (I can extract and fix the initial errors, but the patches send everything FUBAR. Do I even NEED the patches? Patches aside, it's not clear at all which method of editing for HDMI sound is accurate for UEFI boards w/ discrete graphics. Which thread / article to follow?

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Can anyone pitch in and help out?
If you happen to have a working DSDT for this combo, that'd be awesome.
Otherwise: assistance with creating the DSDT for a UEFI system? (I can extract and fix the initial errors, but the patches send everything FUBAR. Do I even NEED the patches? Patches aside, it's not clear at all which method of editing for HDMI sound is accurate for UEFI boards w/ discrete graphics. Which thread / article to follow?

For nVIDIA discrete graphics, you need:
1) HDEF DSDT edit (with layout-d=1)
2) PEGP edits with GFX0/HDAU
3) toleda's ML AppleHDA.kext Alpha

Start here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio.html

The actual edits needed are in this file:ML_DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v4.dsl.zip

Post your working vanilla DSDT.aml and a copy of IOReg

Kris, thanks for being willing to help out.

Unfortunately, life kinda began kicking me in the butt the minute after I submitted the post. :) In any case, I took a deep breath and started over, got things working ... a day after I got things working my power supply went bonkers and fried my motherboard. I was forced to replace it with a Z77 board with VIA Audio, so, WUNDERBAR, I'm STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN.

*sigh*

In any case, since I did get it working at some point, if it'll help anyone else, the files I ended up using are attached. Since I'm no longer running a system with this mboard, I can't help troubleshoot for anyone if this doesn't work, but good luck and I hope it works for folks with the same combo.

Attachments

• Working ML HDMI.zip
    856.3 KB · Views: 152
select audio for your board in multibeast and the first voodoo-hda 0.2.1 in multibeast
although its more rewarding to do it toledas way
seems to work on all my nvidia cards in lion 10.7.5 and 10.8.2

Danke! Didn't work for me in Mountain Lion, but the methods/files from a thread on HDMI audio w/ the Z77 (as opposed to the Z77MX) did work. When I get a little bit of time though I'm going to try fixing the errors in the DSDT I have for the Z77MX though just so I'm using the proper file for my mboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back