Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Tuf-FX506LU
CPU
i7 10870H
Graphics
GTX 1660Ti
Hello all,

I have a laptop, ASUS TUF-FX506LU, which has Nvidia GPU (and HDMI port is connected directly to this...)

So I cannot use my external monitor's HDMI port on my Hackintosh.

This laptop has a USB-C port (with DisplayPort), so can I use Intel UHD 630 integrated graphics to my external monitor?

yes I use this one Works at 4k also

Attachments

• USB-C.jpeg.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 650
yes I use this one Works at 4k also

Thank you, Did you use any patch or any tool to use this? Or did you just plug-in that adapter?

Also did you use this adapter for your laptop or desktop?

Thank you, Did you use any patch or any tool to use this? Or did you just plug in that adapter?
as long as your display is going through UHD 630 its plug and play yes Laptop HP elitebook

Last edited:
This laptop has a USB-C port (with DisplayPort), so can I use Intel UHD 630 integrated graphics to my external monitor?

As long as the IGPU is routed through the USB C port it should work.

Many laptops that have mid or high end Nvidia dGPU's sometimes only route the IGPU to the internal screen and not to the external ports in which case it won't work.

Cheers
Jay

As long as the IGPU is routed through the USB C port it should work.

Many laptops that have mid or high end Nvidia dGPU's sometimes only route the IGPU to the internal screen and not to the external ports in which case it won't work.

Cheers
Jay
Hello Jay,

Thank you for your detailed response :)

I recently bought an adapter (USB type-c to HDMI), when I got it, I'll try immediately and update this post.

Update:

I just tested the type-c adapter, it is working on Windows but It is working with dGPU...

Sadly, I cannot use my external monitor on my Hackintosh with HDMI port or with type-c to hdmi adapter.

Sadly, I cannot use my external monitor on my Hackintosh with HDMI port or with type-c to hdmi adapter.

As I hinted above the external monitor ports are most likely only connect to the dGPU ....
It's a common problem with some laptops with mid-high end dGPU's.

The best you can do is to disable the dGPU in MacOS via WEG or SSDT and just use the IGPU.

Cheers
Jay

As I hinted above the external monitor ports are most likely only connect to the dGPU ....
It's a common problem with some laptops with mid-high end dGPU's.

The best you can do is to disable the dGPU in MacOS via WEG or SSDT and just use the IGPU.

Cheers
Jay

Yes, you were right:)

Also, I disabled my dGPU from Device Manager on Windows and I could not use my external monitor with iGPU.
(So I've got no chance to run iGPU from Type-C port or HDMI port?)

By the way, if the type-c plan not works, What do you think about USB 3.0 to HDMI adapters? (I hope my dGPU does not use USB 3.0 ports too :D)

For an example:
1622322232863.png

Edit: I disabled my dGPU with '-wegnoegpu', but I could not see my external monitor yet. (Also in Windows it's same too)

Last edited:
What do you think about USB 3.0 to HDMI adapters? (I hope my dGPU does not use USB 3.0 ports too :D)

@alp38,

USB 3 Display adapters (HDMI, DP ... etc) might be an option ... however be warned that some work better than others, your best bet is to have a search on Amazon and then read the reviews. Also by buying from Amazon if it does not work you can return it without any trouble and try a different one.

The main standard/technology for these adapters is called DisplayLink (not to be confused with other similar sounding standards) and you will most likely have the best results using an adapter that is officially certified by the DisplayLink labs and uses the DisplayLink reference drivers :-

Due to the limited USB 3 bandwidth the refresh rate of these adapters is not great, they work well for Apps that don't need a high refresh rate such as word processing, spreadsheet ... etc, you can even get away with web browsing as long as you are surfing basic web pages.

But don't try to use it for high refresh uses such as watching video ...

Good Luck
Cheers
jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back