Graphics
INTEL 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
cheerio! i just finished my NUC built and now i have somthing i can´t stop thinking about. besides using this machine as a multimedia-box i want to use it to play my e-drums with it, which i did with my macbook air before.

now, that i have no screen in the room with my edrum, i want to controll it via an android tablet or handy. now i thought about vnc which will work, cause i tested that. at least when system running and i have a control tft.

but when i take the nuc with me, to somewhere theres no wlan for me what would be the solution there? is there any good possibility?

i thought about a hotspot on my phone and add this wlan to the OSX system, so it will auto connect if it finds my phone. but then the IP adress is not static i guess, as i cant configure the hotspot deeper ...

any ideas to handle this so i can take control of that machine from android wherever i want?

Couple of ways;
1 go to the airport icon on the mac, and click 'create network', choose the channel, and the security, then let the phone find it.
2 Go to the sharing preference pane and click on 'internet sharing' then set it up how you like it. You can also set the ip range there too, from memory.
You can do the above with bluetooth too, if you wanted to

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back