Contribute
Register

Using a Presonus Quantum Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface...HELP

Hello @hotbullet , @brousseau6933 and @NorthAmTransAm. I tried to uncheck "DisableIOMapper". I dont´t have sucess at the time. My 2626 is with blue flash light and are don´t recognized by the macOS.
My motherboard GA-Z77x-UP5-TH don´t have VT-D in Bios.
Any idea to do?

(in attach, i take a print of Hackintool PCI, if helps)

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2023-06-04 às 14.57.44.png
    Captura de Tela 2023-06-04 às 14.57.44.png
    199.6 KB · Views: 25
Hello @hotbullet , @brousseau6933 and @NorthAmTransAm. I tried to uncheck "DisableIOMapper". I dont´t have sucess at the time. My 2626 is with blue flash light and are don´t recognized by the macOS.
My motherboard GA-Z77x-UP5-TH don´t have VT-D in Bios.
Any idea to do?

(in attach, i take a print of Hackintool PCI, if helps

I had to drop my DMAR table still on my build even with the quirk. Yours might be different or the quirk might not work the same. Who knows.

If I were you, I would attempt to to drop dmar table, edit the original, and load the edited one. All that along with unchecking DisableIOMapper and enabling VT-D in bios. Please read @CaseySJ's z390 build page. Thats where this was found. It's a lot but take your time and understand it.

Last edited:
Guys, just a quick update here. Just upgraded from Big Sur to Ventura. I am running 13.4.1 with Universal Control 3.5.2 with the IOPCITunneled edited kext from 3.5.2.

Running Quantum+Quantum4848 combo chained with a UAD Satellite TB Quad on the same bus on a 9700K/Asrock Z270 SuperCarrier mobo with all recommended patches like DMAR dropping, AppleVTD, TB3 hotplug, etc.

Everything works like a charm, although I haven't had the chance to test the latest 4.x Universal Control kexts for the choppy playback/system crash issue.

So, if anyone is thinking about upgrading to Ventura with Quantum, everything is great.

Guys, just a quick update here. Just upgraded from Big Sur to Ventura. I am running 13.4.1 with Universal Control 3.5.2 with the IOPCITunneled edited kext from 3.5.2.

Running Quantum+Quantum4848 combo chained with a UAD Satellite TB Quad on the same bus on a 9700K/Asrock Z270 SuperCarrier mobo with all recommended patches like DMAR dropping, AppleVTD, TB3 hotplug, etc.

Everything works like a charm, although I haven't had the chance to test the latest 4.x Universal Control kexts for the choppy playback/system crash issue.

So, if anyone is thinking about upgrading to Ventura with Quantum, everything is great.
Great! At least, even if these cards are discontinued, they will continue to be working for the next years I hope. Myself, staying on Mojave as my DAW is rock solid… and the newest UC doesn’t even want to recognize the 2626. So, I stay with the last one working for me, 3.5.2.

Willing to share your edited kext? I’ve never had to edit the driver as my 2626 is literally plug’n’play with my Gigabyte Designare Z390 but in the event I would like to upgrade…

Universal Control 3.5.2 still works with Ventura? Ventura is not mentioned in the supported OS’ses. Latest is Big Sur… Curious? Thanks,

Patrice

Ok, found the IOPCItuneled thing at:

and a script to automate it at: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...io-interface-help.226705/page-26#post-2026944

… but my machine works without the modded kext? @joevt ?

Yup, that plist edit is all that is required. Yes, 3.5.2 is working fine for almost a month now with heavy daily DAW usage. Rock solid.

Yup, that plist edit is all that is required. Yes, 3.5.2 is working fine for almost a month now with heavy daily DAW usage. Rock solid.
Great... but I still do not know why mine works without it??? I mean the plist edit...

Mine works without any kext plist edits as well, maybe that is because I configured my Thunderbolt HotPlug correctly.
I was able to make the new UC 4.x SystemExtension work without choppy distorted sound too, DMAR region dropping and "DisableIoMapper" OC quirk helped.

So, anyone who is having trouble with UC 4.x, make sure you fix your TB HotPlug an DMAR/VT-d first.

Last edited:
Mine works without any kext plist edits as well, maybe that is because I configured my Thunderbolt HotPlug correctly.
I was able to make the new UC 4.x SystemExtension work without choppy distorted sound too, DMAR region dropping and "DisableIoMapper" OC quirk helped.

So, anyone who is having trouble with UC 4.x, make sure you fix your TB HotPlug an DMAR/VT-d first.
UC 4 doesn't even work on Mojave, at least for me... Complaining about something missing in the kext (while rebuilding kext cache). Anyway, works fine with 3.52, flawless since more than three years!

Presonus recently released Universal Control 4.2.0.96206. I am happy to report it works fine with Quantum TB interfaces under Ventura 13.5 (22G74). I had a few hiccups under Ventura mainly due to DMAR tables being a bit wonky so if you run into troubles make sure you follow the Thunderbolt hotplug and VT-d guides. Always check for AppleVTD being available under AppleACPIPlatformExpert in IORegistryExplorer.

Back