Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA Z77X-UD3H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
I have perfectly working hackintosh with following configuration.
Intel Core i7 3770K
8GB of RAM
Two WD Caviar Blue 500GB HDDs
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Motherboard
Two monitors (One with HDMI and other one is DVI)
For this config my rig is very stable, and recently i got PNY GTX 970 (Which has 1 HDMI, 1 DVI-D, 3 Mini Display ports).
Using Nvidia web driver i was able to get full acceleration with 970, but when i connect my two monitors to 970 (using HDMI and DVI) only one monitor(Connected to DVI) working, monitor connected to HDMI port is not giving any output.
Now i have two ideas (Questions)

1. Is there a way to enable HDMI port on 970, so i can use both monitors.
2. If it is possible to enable both IGPU and GTX 970 then use IGPU with one monitor and 970 with other monitor.

If both of above impossible, i can disable 970 on the bios and use IGPU and use two monitors with hackintosh and when i want to play games on windows i can enable 970 an play, if i do so is it effect to life time of my 970 (disable in bios but plugged in and powered).
Thanks you.

For me and some other people, updating nvidia's driver to the last version 343.02.01 made the hdmi port work on their card (it might depend on the card brand though, and this driver caused some problems for 4K output in some configs).

If this doesn't work, you could also test a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, which is what I was using without problems before the last update.

I'm not sure about having both iGPU and 970 with nvidia web drivers at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back