Nvidia GTX660ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys!

My hackintosh is running very well, but my USB3.0 isn't working... at all. When computer is already running plugged in USB3.0 devices didn't work, but when I plug USB3.0 pendrive before turning on computer and then turn on it, pendrive works like a charm. If I try to unplug it and then plug in back computer didn't see it.
I installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext, FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext with MultiBeast 8.1. I have a Clover bootlader.
My specs:
MB: Asus Z97-A
Proc: i5-4690k
GC: GTX660Ti
System definiton: Mac 14,2

Any ideas how to fix it? I'm tired of turning off my computer to plug in pendrive :D

Last edited:
Hello guys!

My hackintosh is running very well, but my USB3.0 isn't working... at all. When computer is already running plugged in USB3.0 devices didn't work, but when I plug USB3.0 pendrive before turning on computer and then turn on it, pendrive works like a charm. If I try to unplug it and then plug in back computer didn't see it.
I installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext, FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext with MultiBeast 8.1. I have a Clover bootlader.
My specs:
MB: Z97-A
Proc: i5-4690k
GC: GTX660Ti

Any ideas how to fix it? I'm tired of turning off my computer to plug in pendrive :D

First of all, please put your full system details in your profile (not just your graphics card & CPU). Include the motherboard brand so folks won't have to guess at it like I had to (Asus, right?).

Get rid of GenericUSBHCI.kext - you don't need it since all the USB ports are being provided by the Z97 chipset on your motherboard, and it may be the cause of the problem.

Also, what system definition are you using? Some work better than others.

First of all, please put your full system details in your profile (not just your graphics card & CPU). Include the motherboard brand so folks won't have to guess at it like I had to (Asus, right?).

Get rid of GenericUSBHCI.kext - you don't need it since all the USB ports are being provided by the Z97 chipset on your motherboard, and it may be the cause of the problem.

Also, what system definition are you using? Some work better than others.

It didn't work :roll2: but I found something interesting in system profiler in USB page.
My mice, keyboard and Bluetooth are connected to a USB 3.0 ports (bluetooth via hub), but system profiler
says that they are connected to a usb 2.0 ports. Is this normal? I add that I have 2 usb2.0 ports and 4 usb3.0 ports.
I attach a screenshot of a System Profiler.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2016-03-12 o 17.26.33.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2016-03-12 o 17.26.33.png
    117 KB · Views: 144
It didn't work :roll2: but I found something interesting in system profiler in USB page.
My mice, keyboard and Bluetooth are connected to a USB 3.0 ports (bluetooth via hub), but system profiler
says that they are connected to a usb 2.0 ports. Is this normal? I add that I have 2 usb2.0 ports and 4 usb3.0 ports.
I attach a screenshot of a System Profiler.

No, that's not normal. Your system may need other fixes besides just the two FakePCI* kexts, such as renaming the EHC* devices in the DSDT (which can be done on-the-fly at boot time with simple Clover patches). See this thread for more info and explanation: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

No, that's not normal. Your system may need other fixes besides just the two FakePCI* kexts, such as renaming the EHC* devices in the DSDT (which can be done on-the-fly at boot time with simple Clover patches). See this thread for more info and explanation: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

I'll check that asap. Thanks a lot :thumbup:
I noticed that USB3.0 pendrive is recognized in USB2.0 bus in system profiler, but it work as fast as 3.0 o_O (of course it's recognized after restarting computer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back