Contribute
Register

USB + Sleep + WebCam issues PRECISION M6500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I will attach problem reporting files, let me eliminate all the other problems you raised first.
I tool your latest MacISL and configuerd ACPI version properly. Now I want to give you proper USB injection.

So in the SSDT injector I should ONLY have HUB2 node with required devices and nothing else? So for example even HUB1 should not be there. ONLY what I want to override should be there - is this correct?

If you have ports on EH01/HUB1, then you need those sections as well.
Are you saying your laptop has only EH02?

No, no of course not. I have EH01, etc. That's exactly why I wanted to clarify because I didn't want to lose any ports. However there are some 8086 nodes that I think I should be eliminating.

I will examine IOReg and prepare SSDT and then update this post with all files.

I am referring to 8086_9xxx, 8086_8xxx, and a bunch of specific e.g. 8086_1e31 nodes. These I believe are for new machines and don't apply to me so I should eliminate from my injector SSDT. Correct?

I am referring to 8086_9xxx, 8086_8xxx, and a bunch of specific e.g. 8086_1e31 nodes. These I believe are for new machines and don't apply to me so I should eliminate from my injector SSDT. Correct?

Those are for supported Intel xHCI (Intel USB3). Your computer is too old to have any Intel xHCI.

Please see files attached. Now, before you say I haven't created all files,... I have. However, even I can tell something is wrong.

I used new MacIasl with ACPI configuration 6.x
I have created SSDT Injector and removed USBInjectall kext
I have the EHCx to EHxx patches in config.plist.
My USB ports and Bluetooth and WebCam all work when I boot. So I have to believe my USB injector is working, because with the config.plist patches if I don't include USBInjectall, then my ports wouldn't work (and they don't)
HOWEVER, my IOReg still shows EHCx instead of EH00. How is this possible?. I never had this issue before. If I am using the config.plist patches and USBInjectAll Or SSDT which I'm using now, it has to show EHxx right???

In any case, same old story. Instant Wake, and additionally I lose webcam right after.
Please note I am have not removed _PRW from LID and BTN at this time. I could try that, but I'm sure you can point where I'm messing up.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting 4.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 43
Please see files attached. Now, before you say I haven't created all files,... I have. However, even I can tell something is wrong.

I used new MacIasl with ACPI configuration 6.x
I have created SSDT Injector and removed USBInjectall kext
I have the EHCx to EHxx patches in config.plist.
My USB ports and Bluetooth and WebCam all work when I boot. So I have to believe my USB injector is working, because with the config.plist patches if I don't include USBInjectall, then my ports wouldn't work (and they don't)
HOWEVER, my IOReg still shows EHCx instead of EH00. How is this possible?. I never had this issue before. If I am using the config.plist patches and USBInjectAll Or SSDT which I'm using now, it has to show EHxx right???

In any case, same old story. Instant Wake, and additionally I lose webcam right after.
Please note I am have not removed _PRW from LID and BTN at this time. I could try that, but I'm sure you can point where I'm messing up.

Your SSDT-UIAC-M6500.aml has no effect without USBInjectAll.kext.
Your kextcache and ioreg prove it is not installed.
Also, USBInjectAll.kext requires EHCx->EH0x rename. It will not configure controllers named EHC1/EHC2. Must be EH01/EH02.

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

No idea why you would remove USBInjectAll.kext when:
- the guide specifically says to install USBInjectAll.kext
- the guide never says to remove USBInjectAll.kext
- the title of the guide includes the wording "SSDT for USBInjectAll"

Last edited:
Okay, maybe I need to step away for a bit and come back and see what I'm doing wrong.

First I was thinking SSDT was in lieu of USBInjectAll.kext since your guide said this is not long-term solution. I though EHCx->EH0x patch in config.plist is what would get reflected in IOReg. And I could have sworn that was the case all this time because I had removed USBInject All long time back.

In any case I've added USBInjectAll.kext back and rebuilt cache and permissions and rebooted. I *still* see EHCx in IOReg. I dunno what I've done and need some time to sort it out.

lieu of USBInjectAll.kext since your guide said this is not long-term solution.

The guide says no such thing.

I though EHCx->EH0x patch in config.plist is what would get reflected in IOReg.

You have those patches disabled.

Okay, I just misunderstood purpose of USBInjectAll then.

config.plist has the renaming patch. USBInjectAll seems to be loading. IOReg looks good now, only has the ports injected from my SSDT. I do get my webcam back after instant wake.

All files regenerated and attached.

Last few lines of log for 'Wake reason' (trying to find way to search log backwards, taking too darn long)

2017-10-14 15:29:19.635279-0500 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: PBTN LID EHC2 (User)
2017-10-14 15:29:19.635281-0500 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: PBTN LID EHC2 (User)
2017-10-14 16:17:46.352810-0500 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: PBTN LID EH02 (User)
2017-10-14 16:17:46.352812-0500 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: PBTN LID EH02 (User)
2017-10-14 16:43:15.125654-0500 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: PBTN LID EH02 (User)
2017-10-14 16:43:15.125656-0500 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: PBTN LID EH02 (User)

As expected it is EH02 and the only device I have injected on that is the webcam. I can try removing _PRW for BTN and LID again, I know if I disable webcam it does sleep.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting 5.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back