Contribute
Register

USB + Sleep + WebCam issues PRECISION M6500

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( I hear you but I am not seeing what you are seeing. Don't mind me asking but are you looking at latest SSDT?

I'm pasting what I have. They are not all zero. In fact they are all 0x02. Needless to say, I'm assuming you mean the value after "portType". For example, under PR11 I have ...

"HP11",
Package (0x04)
{
"portType",
0x02,
"port",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}
},

"HP14",
Package (0x04)
{
"portType",
0x02,
"port",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}
},

"HP18",
Package (0x04)
{
"portType",
0x02,
"port",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x08, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}

..and under PR21 I got...

"HP23",
Package (0x04)
{
"portType",
0x02,
"port",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}
}

So HP18 and HP23 are already 2. I will change HP11 and HP14 to Zero since they are external ports. HP18 is Bluetooth which is internal. Similarly for HP23 which is WebCam. Please tell me this is correct. I am clear for internal it should be 2 and external it should be 0, but when you say they are all Zero, I am wondering if you are looking at some other value and not the one right after "portType".

PS - Please check attached SSDT and then I can revert with problem reporting files.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-M6500.aml.zip
    989 bytes · Views: 62
Last edited:
I'm pasting what I have. They are not all zero. In fact they are all 0x02.

Your mistake.
You changed them from zero to 2.
Incorrectly.
Only ports that are attached to internal devices should be portType=2.

I have attached all problem reporting files.
The SSDT injector has 255 for the Hub, 2 for Internal ports (BT,WebCam) and 0 for the External Ports. Hope its correct.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting 13.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 52
I have attached all problem reporting files.
The SSDT injector has 255 for the Hub, 2 for Internal ports (BT,WebCam) and 0 for the External Ports. Hope its correct.

Assuming your laptop has only the two USB2 ports + the two internal devices, your USB configuration (as far as port injection) looks good.

Ok wait :( I thought we discussed this before.

I also have 2 USB3 external ports on the left. If you see the screenshot below, both show up in IOReg under RP07. Looks like port is being shared somehow. If you look on the right the "hub"(sic) is 8086_3b4e. I had asked what to do about this and mentioned the stock SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl didn't have any section for above vendor_device, and also none for RP07.

I'm doubting this has anything to do with my instant wake issue which is still unsolved. However, can you clarify if I need to do anything with the USB3 ports in my SSDT injector, and if so how?

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 6.23.19 PM.png

I also have 2 USB3 external ports on the left. If you see the screenshot below, both show up in IOReg under RP07.

Ports attached to non-Intel controllers are not handled by USBInjectAll.kext and do not appear under XHC.

I'm doubting this has anything to do with my instant wake issue which is still unsolved.

For instant wake, look for "wake reason" in the kernel logs, then try to determine why that/those devices are waking the computer (ACPI issues).

Rehabman, the reason for wake in the logs always shows up as "EH02". Like I have been asking, it has to be the webcam because that's the only device enabled on EH02.

Now as to why WebCam is not letting laptop sleep, I've tried googling, but haven't been able to figure it out. Meanwhile I continue to experiment with OSI fix and S1D,S3D like you asked, but there are so many permutations and combinations to try and I haven't succeeded.

Rehabman, the reason for wake in the logs always shows up as "EH02". Like I have been asking, it has to be the webcam because that's the only device enabled on EH02.

Only EH02? Or are there others listed?
EH02 should not cause wake if _PRW for it is removed or sleep state is set to zero.

I know what you are saying. I read the ACPI spec and saw it literally says that. We got rid of AZAL, PBTN, LID from the list of wake reasons long time back by removing _PRW. However removing _PRW from EH02 simply does not have the same effect. All the other suggestions, changes you asked I was assuming would somehow help, but I've been skeptical for a while they would.

EH02 continues to show up as the wake reason and the only device that can be the culprit is the WebCam. As I have mentioned before, if I disable WebCam port, laptop will sleep nicely.

Is it possible I have laptop where this is just not possible. I see plenty of "Sleep does not work" posts on various forums, but I always assumed it was a question of eliminating causes and finding a solution. Now I'm not so sure.

Maybe I should take a break from this laptop and work on upgrading a M6400 I have. Will keep researching ... :banghead:

I know what you are saying. I read the ACPI spec and saw it literally says that. We got rid of AZAL, PBTN, LID from the list of wake reasons long time back by removing _PRW. However removing _PRW from EH02 simply does not have the same effect. All the other suggestions, changes you asked I was assuming would somehow help, but I've been skeptical for a while they would.

EH02 continues to show up as the wake reason and the only device that can be the culprit is the WebCam. As I have mentioned before, if I disable WebCam port, laptop will sleep nicely.

Is it possible I have laptop where this is just not possible. I see plenty of "Sleep does not work" posts on various forums, but I always assumed it was a question of eliminating causes and finding a solution. Now I'm not so sure.

Maybe I should take a break from this laptop and work on upgrading a M6400 I have. Will keep researching ... :banghead:

No other ideas other than removing all _PRW methods from everywhere and seeing what happens.
You can search for 'acpi-wake-gpe' in IOACPIPlane in ioreg to get some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back