Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DELL Latitude e6500
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo
Graphics
NVidia 160M 256 MB
I have 10.12.6 installed on my Precision M6500 using Vanilla install.
I'm using SMBIOS.plist for 6,2
I used Rehabman's patches for my DSDT (whichever made sense for me to apply) until I could successfully boot USB and install.

So USBInjectAll kext enables the USB port on the RHS of laptop. The two ports on the left are not enabled. I did my best to understand the USBInjectAll guide but I'm afraid a lot of it went over my head. Not sure if my DSDT should be patched further or if I need to create SSDT (which I've never done before). Also another issue is guides always seem to refer to Clover and I was not able to use Clover to install on this laptop.

My other issue which I think is power related is my laptop tries to sleep but can't, and when it "resumes" (sic) I lose my WebCam. I'm thinking this is USB power related. Basically I'm hoping/guessing it's all connected.

I'm using Enoch, my DSDT and IOReg is attached. Would really appreciate some guidance.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 61
  • M6500_ioreg.zip
    507.8 KB · Views: 73
I have 10.12.6 installed on my Precision M6500 using Vanilla install.
I'm using SMBIOS.plist for 6,2
I used Rehabman's patches for my DSDT (whichever made sense for me to apply) until I could successfully boot USB and install.

So USBInjectAll kext enables the USB port on the RHS of laptop. The two ports on the left are not enabled. I did my best to understand the USBInjectAll guide but I'm afraid a lot of it went over my head. Not sure if my DSDT should be patched further or if I need to create SSDT (which I've never done before). Also another issue is guides always seem to refer to Clover and I was not able to use Clover to install on this laptop.

My other issue which I think is power related is my laptop tries to sleep but can't, and when it "resumes" (sic) I lose my WebCam. I'm thinking this is USB power related. Basically I'm hoping/guessing it's all connected.

I'm using Enoch, my DSDT and IOReg is attached. Would really appreciate some guidance.

No support for anything but Clover here (at least from me).

Bummer! :(

Clover does not want to boot on this laptop. I didn't think choice of boot loader was the problem. I will do what I can to try with Clover, but it's so frustrating.

Bummer! :(

Clover does not want to boot on this laptop. I didn't think choice of boot loader was the problem. I will do what I can to try with Clover, but it's so frustrating.

Old hardware.
You'll want to research how to enable your Nvidia with Clover.

Old hardware.
You'll want to research how to enable your Nvidia with Clover.

I did it. And I went further. I have 10.13 installed using Clover. I need help patching. I tried basic patch for Wifi using Clover and even that won't work. Please see all files attached.

Sleep does not work.
USB3 ports don't work. Shall I use USBInjectAll?
BT and WebCam work.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • config_wifi.plist.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 63
I was afraid you were going to say that regarding wifi.
Can you at least tell where to focus on. This URL?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/

Am I suppose to take the strings I have in my find/replace and convert both to decimal?
Also I have Windows on dual boot so I got device ids from there. The DPCIManager link says it is a virus.

USB3.0 is Ferenas(???) Vendor Id 1033, Device Id 0194

Camera is 05CA, 1815

BT is 13D3, 3295

WiFi is 14E4, 4357

SD Card is 104C, 803C

Meanwhile I will try fix USB3. I'm assuming USBInjectAll is not solution and I don't even need in kexts/Other?

Last edited:
I was afraid you were going to say that regarding wifi.
Can you at least tell where to focus on. This URL?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/

The FAQ has WiFI recommendations/procedures.
14e4:4357 (BCM43225) can be enabled with FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext.

USB3.0 is Ferenas(???) Vendor Id 1033, Device Id 0194

NEC/Renasas.

Meanwhile I will try fix USB3. I'm assuming USBInjectAll is not solution and I don't even need in kexts/Other?

USBInjectAll.kext has nothing to do with NEC/Renasas USB3.

Okay I'm going to try the FakePCIID + Broadcom to fix my wifi.

Meanwhile...
I removed USBInject all from kexts/Other, It was never in system extensions
I put GenericUSBXHCI.kext in both kexts/Other and system extensions and rebuilt permissions/cache. No effect.
I had one question. The latest zip I downloaded at this link ...
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads/
... comes with a xhcdump file. Am I supposed to do anything with it? Right now I just copied kext.

Okay I'm going to try the FakePCIID + Broadcom to fix my wifi.

Meanwhile...
I removed USBInject all from kexts/Other, It was never in system extensions
I put GenericUSBXHCI.kext in both kexts/Other and system extensions and rebuilt permissions/cache. No effect.
I had one question. The latest zip I downloaded at this link ...
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads/
... comes with a xhcdump file. Am I supposed to do anything with it? Right now I just copied kext.

Keep in mind GenericUSBXHCI.kext is buggy.
For the most part, devices only work when they are plugged in prior to booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back