Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> USB problem - not recognizing external HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can think of is insure you copied and entered the patch correctly then repair permissions and reboot.

Ok so I managed to fix it. Apparently this was an SSDT issue. I dug back in my files for the .aml file that I was using last year that worked and I used that in combination with USBInjectAll and that worked (minus my bluetooth, but I fixed that just now). I guess that when I was trying to fix my bluetooth a few weeks ago using the Hackintool process, I messed up my External HD compatability in the process (didn't realize it until later cuz it wasn't connected at the time). For whatever reason, using the files generated by Hackintool doesn't work for my External Drives, even though it works for all my other usb ports and devices and fixed my internal bluetooth port.

In the end, I just used the old .aml file combined with USBInjectAll. Idk if this is proper to use InjectAll, but ive tried a bunch of stuff and the only way I get everythign to work is if I have both the .aml and InjectAll. Then I just fixed the bluetooth port by using text edit (it was set to USB3, not internal) but comparing that part of the code to the one outputted by Hackintool.

Thanks for your help and sorry it was something I should have thought of.

Hi there,

What type of external USB drive is it? USB portable? Desktop? USB2 or USB3?

:)

It's a portable Seagate 5TB using USB3. Is working now though, thank you!

Ok so I managed to fix it. Apparently this was an SSDT issue. I dug back in my files for the .aml file that I was using last year that worked and I used that in combination with USBInjectAll and that worked (minus my bluetooth, but I fixed that just now). I guess that when I was trying to fix my bluetooth a few weeks ago using the Hackintool process, I messed up my External HD compatability in the process (didn't realize it until later cuz it wasn't connected at the time). For whatever reason, using the files generated by Hackintool doesn't work for my External Drives, even though it works for all my other usb ports and devices and fixed my internal bluetooth port.

In the end, I just used the old .aml file combined with USBInjectAll. Idk if this is proper to use InjectAll, but ive tried a bunch of stuff and the only way I get everythign to work is if I have both the .aml and InjectAll. Then I just fixed the bluetooth port by using text edit (it was set to USB3, not internal) but comparing that part of the code to the one outputted by Hackintool.

Thanks for your help and sorry it was something I should have thought of.

It's a portable Seagate 5TB using USB3. Is working now though, thank you!

Glad all is working again :thumbup:

I was going to explain the problem with your SSDT-UIAC.aml, once I knew what type of drive you were using. Have no fear, I won't bore you now. :)

Glad all is working again :thumbup:

I was going to explain the problem with your SSDT-UIAC.aml, once I knew what type of drive you were using. Have no fear, I won't bore you now. :)
Thanks so much. Does it have anything to do with the way Hackintool makes the .aml file?

Thanks so much. Does it have anything to do with the way Hackintool makes the .aml file?

No, Hackintool worked fine. It was the choices and exclusions you made - unless Hackintool ignored them which generally seems unlikely etc. Not to worry. Glad all is okay now :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back