Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock z370 Fatal1ty itx-ac
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Gaming 4GB
I have the Catalina port limit removal patch, have correct SSDT (I think), USBInjectAll in my kexts folder, but its not recognizing my external HD. Weird because it was working last week. Posted my EFI. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 56
Replying to boost this. Attached by debug report. Anyone that can help?

Attachments

• debug_14095.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 45
If you mapped your USB ports why are you still using the USBInjectAll.kext. If done properly you should have generated a couple of SSDT files and a Port kext to use as a better choice instead of USBInfect All (See the App Hackintool- easy to do with instructions). On the problem of external disk not being recognised, I think you mean 'Hot Plug/Swop', you probably need to apply a patch to facilitate this feature and then go into the BIOS and enable that particular port for that feature. Try enabling the 'Hot Plug' to the port in the BIOS first without the patch, it may work. Good luck.

If you mapped your USB ports why are you still using the USBInjectAll.kext. If done properly you should have generated a couple of SSDT files and a Port kext to use as a better choice instead of USBInfect All (See the App Hackintool- easy to do with instructions). On the problem of external disk not being recognised, I think you mean 'Hot Plug/Swop', you probably need to apply a patch to facilitate this feature and then go into the BIOS and enable that particular port for that feature. Try enabling the 'Hot Plug' to the port in the BIOS first without the patch, it may work. Good luck.

So I removed USBInjectAll and replaced with USBPorts.kext, although no difference. I couldn't figure out how to enable the 'Hot Plug' in BIOS. Can you elaborate?

I should just say that all my USB ports work and seem to be configured correctly when I use other devices (mouses, keyboards, audio interface, etc.) but my External HD is not recognized no matter what usb port I use.

So I removed USBInjectAll and replaced with USBPorts.kext, although no difference. I couldn't figure out how to enable the 'Hot Plug' in BIOS. Can you elaborate?

I should just say that all my USB ports work and seem to be configured correctly when I use other devices (mouses, keyboards, audio interface, etc.) but my External HD is not recognized no matter what usb port I use.

Use Clover Configurator to apply the patch - see the patch I posted in this link - Any KextToPatch for SATA Hot-Plug ? | tonymacx86.com

Thanks for your help. I've applied that patch and enabled hot plug in my bios, but still not recognition. Weird because the external drive shows up in my BIOS, just not in OSX. Any other thoughts? Could it be a hardware issue?

Did you go into the BIOS and enable 'Hot Plug' for that particular port? You need to that otherwise it will not work.

Did you go into the BIOS and enable 'Hot Plug' for that particular port? You need to that otherwise it will not work.
I enabled hot plug for all unused sata ports, then tried plugging the external drives into my usb ports, but it didn't recognize it.

I have the Catalina port limit removal patch, have correct SSDT (I think), USBInjectAll in my kexts folder, but its not recognizing my external HD. Weird because it was working last week. Posted my EFI. Can anyone help?

Hi there,

What type of external USB drive is it? USB portable? Desktop? USB2 or USB3?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back