Contribute
Register

USB - New Raise Port Limit Patch for macOS 10.12 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
The patch is working here, thanks RehabMan!

Hi, i am newbie in hackintosh so sorry for my lack of knowledge ...
I also have a Asus Z77 motherboard which looks like having problem with USB internal (my BCM94360CD 1900 Mbps bluetooth not working on El Capitan but does under Win 10)
I assume it's a problem of USB internal recognition and i am asking if this could help me to make it work ?

i know, i read post #14 but i prefer to ask.
Thank you

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

It doesn't matter how big you make the port limit. As long as it is larger (or equal) than the number of ports on your XHC controller. So, obviously, if you use a patch that raises the port limit higher than necessary, it is no different from raising it to exactly the right value.

I am still struggling on this one. When I installed MacOS beta, I did the following to enable all ports and USB3 speeds:
Install
USBInjectAll.kext, FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext in SLE then added -uia_exclude_hs as custom bootflag and all ports worked as they should.

I followed the same steps when I wiped my Hack and performed a clean install of macOS this weekend and again everything works.... Do I therefore still need to do what is suggested in the OP and if so, I add the bit to the config.plist; correct?

Noted. Makes no sense why I would lose the front ports in Sierra then... worked fine with 10.11. Changed after going to iMac14,2 and 10.12.

I don't think you read the USB guide. It is quite clear how SMBIOS contributes to USB port injection.

I am still struggling on this one. When I installed MacOS beta, I did the following to enable all ports and USB3 speeds:
Install
USBInjectAll.kext, FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext in SLE then added -uia_exclude_hs as custom bootflag and all ports worked as they should.

I followed the same steps when I wiped my Hack and performed a clean install of macOS this weekend and again everything works.... Do I therefore still need to do what is suggested in the OP and if so, I add the bit to the config.plist; correct?

Read USB guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Thanks Rehabman !

I don't think you read the USB guide. It is quite clear how SMBIOS contributes to USB port injection.

Indeed I read it, however, what I am not quite grasping is that I made a DSDT for these USB changes in 10.11 and all worked well. After reading through the guide where it specifically says changing the DSDT to match what OSX expects, all should be fine but it isnt.

I'll play around with Fake PCIID and see what happens. Thanks for being a sounding board :)

Indeed I read it, however, what I am not quite grasping is that I made a DSDT for these USB changes in 10.11 and all worked well. After reading through the guide where it specifically says changing the DSDT to match what OSX expects, all should be fine but it isnt.

I'll play around with Fake PCIID and see what happens. Thanks for being a sounding board :)

Not sure what you mean by "these USB changes".

Your problem is your system is matching against the port injector for iMac14,2.

You need to make sure your DSDT (via Clover patches or manual patching) uses EH01/EH02/XHC, not EHC1/EHC2/XHC1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back