Contribute
Register

USB - New Raise Port Limit Patch for macOS 10.12 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan, thanks for the answer. I still don't get the use of the patch "raise limit port from 15 to 26" in Sierra if I have to stay in the 15 limit.
On my MB I'm not able to use the TB3 on USB-Type C. I'm struggling with ssdt and to understand how to use it. In IOregistry I see my 22 ports and I identified some attaching a device but I don't see the Type-C or I'm not able to see them. I start to think that I'm stupid ;(
In El Capitan TB3 worked fine (patched flash etc.). Sierra is harder in my experience.

You cannot use all the ports.
You must exclude enough ports to stay within the 15-port limit.
Keep in mind a USB3 port uses two ports (one SSxx, one HSxx) and a USB type C can use up to three (up to two SSxx, one HSxx).

I still don't get the use of the patch "raise limit port from 15 to 26" in Sierra if I have to stay in the 15 limit.

The patch is used to facilitate port discovery.
Read the guide.

On my MB I'm not able to use the TB3 on USB-Type C. I'm struggling with ssdt and to understand how to use it. In IOregistry I see my 22 ports and I identified some attaching a device but I don't see the Type-C or I'm not able to see them. I start to think that I'm stupid ;(

USB type C on TB is a different case... not related to the port limit patch/USBInjectAll.kext.

why does everyone say to use multibeast to install the usb patch, and when i use it, it NEVER adds the patch text to my config file?
do it manually

Hi!
Does anybody have SSDT specific for ASRock Z170M-ITXac?

I seems that I'm too dumbie to create one myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back