Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, have you missed what I said in post #12 above?

No amount of jiggy-jiggling will work unless you do that.

(Refresh the page).
You won't like me for saying this, but I'm going to admit to having never done a USB port map!.

Should I just use the USB mapping guide on dortania for that?

Use whichever guide you feel happy with. My own is fine
You won't like me for saying this, but I'm going to admit to having never done a USB port map!.

That works with small PCs with a limited number of ports. No problem.

BUT from what I can see on the MSI site, this motherboard has 20x possible ports.

The easiest way to start, as you have an AMD-based board, is to load the USBInjectAll.kext along with the XhciPortLimit Quirk active. Reboot then open the Hackintool app at the USB tab, to survey your USB kingdom.

This should show you at least the first 15x ports. Look for one with IOUSBHostDevice. This is often the BT connection. You can double-check with the IORegistryExplorer app too. Often it is a high number port. On Intel it's often HS14 or thereabouts.

That works with small PCs with a limited number of ports. No problem.

BUT from what I can see on the MSI site, this motherboard has 20x possible ports.
I kind of have the same on my ASUS Prime B550-A AC/Ryzen7 5700X/Sapphire Pulse 6700XT build.
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.00.11 PM.png

Brilliant, Thanks. :thumbup:

So port P09 looks the likely candidate then?
Possibly, I have nothing else plugged in, (because I can't get to the ports unless I completely dismantle the G5).

Craig, just realised what you are saying to me ...

Do you get all those 23x ports without USBInjectAll.kext and without the XhciPortLimit quirk set?

Possibly, I have nothing else plugged in, (because I can't get to the ports unless I completely dismantle the G5).

No, I'm saying that will be your Bluetooth header.

As mentioned above you can double-check with the IORegistryExplorer.app as it allows you to step down lower in the tree. Further in on the IOUSBHostDevice sub-tree you should find the Bluetooth. :thumbup:

Let's stay on topic here please, this is petery's thread for wifi issues :)

Craig, just realised what you are saying to me ...

Do you get all those 23x ports without USBInjectAll.kext and without the XhciPortLimit quirk set?
I think so, this is the current set up, I've never tried accessing other ports.
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.08.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.10.20 PM.png

Back