Contribute
Register

USB installation does not start

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the screen in safe mode

Okay,

Hmm, this doesn't make sense. If this is a Mojave UniBeast installer drive that will not boot your PC to install macOS, then why does it have Lilu.kext installed? (UniBeast 9.3 includes these two. My mistake). This is something you install on the destination drive.

Last edited:
Okay,

Hmm, this doesn't make sense. If this is a Mojave UniBeast installer drive that will not boot your PC to install macOS, then why does it have Lilu.kext installed? This is something you install on the destination drive.
This usb was fully functional with my old asrock h87. the kext etc are also installed on the usb because the asrock did not see the efi partition of the ssd, so I always started from this usb and I used to paste the config.plist also on usb. There must be an incompatibility with the new motherboard.
I just have to create a new "clean" boot usb. as soon as I have a mac available.

This usb was fully functional with my old asrock h87. the kext etc are also installed on the usb because the asrock did not see the efi partition of the ssd, so I always started from this usb and I used to paste the config.plist also on usb. There must be an incompatibility with the new motherboard.
I just have to create a new "clean" boot usb. as soon as I have a mac available.

Okay, that explains it. :thumbup:

Yes, that is a good idea. The latest UniBeast 9.3 for Mojave does include Lilu and Whatevergreen, so they may help.

You might still be able to use the old USB stick, but we have to figure out why it is freezing. Lilu and whatevergreen should not cause any problems, they are there to help.

Did you use the Vega 56 with your H87 board? If not I'm thinking you can try to select the Radeon "DeInit" setting (from the SpaceBar menu).

Also try Single User mode.

:)

Okay, that explains it. :thumbup:

Yes, that is a good idea. The latest UniBeast 9.3 for Mojave does include Lilu and Whatevergreen, so they may help.

You might still be able to use the old USB stick, but we have to figure out why it is freezing. Lilu and whatevergreen should not cause any problems, they are there to help.

Did you use the Vega 56 with your H87 board? If not I'm thinking you can try to select the Radeon "DeInit" setting (from the SpaceBar menu).

Also try Single User mode.

vega 56 has been used for 1 year. so what do i do? Try single user mode?

vega 56 has been used for 1 year. so what do i do? Try single user mode?

Have you tried just booting the H87 SSD with your Z97 motherboard?

It might just work enough to get you to a desktop.

Attachments

• 94A90215-96C2-4A40-9B23-50F509F03711.jpeg
    94A90215-96C2-4A40-9B23-50F509F03711.jpeg
    494 KB · Views: 34
is it possible that the cause is an incorrect setting in the bios?

I created a new usb with high sierra. Turro ok, but creating the boot loader on the ssd gives me the same problem: apple logo but without a loading strip. What's up now?
I enclose verbose photos
UtterDisbelief

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5129.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5129.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back