Contribute
Register

USB EFI recognition on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps take a look at the "Clover_Install_Log.txt" in the EFI folder that was created. Maybe there will be a clue as to what's going on?

No.
Does that tell you anything?

Attachments

• 777E5810-470A-493E-98D8-5BD827F1E841.jpeg
    777E5810-470A-493E-98D8-5BD827F1E841.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
I’ll try removing that drive and creating USB again but I’m not very hopeful.
I’d like to try though because getting Unibeast working sounds hellavalot less convoluted than that manual install method!

I’ll try removing that drive and creating USB again but I’m not very hopeful.
I’d like to try though because getting Unibeast working sounds hellavalot less convoluted than that manual install method!

Safer for sure. Obvious I know, but check UniBeast is version 8.4 etc

Safer for sure. Obvious I know, but check UniBeast is version 8.4 etc
Yep definitely using 8.4.0. And running it out of Applications directory. And SIP disabled.

Yep definitely using 8.4.0. And running it out of Applications directory. And SIP disabled.
I’m not sure if this provides any clue to what’s happened but this all started after I actually got through to the installer at one point. ie, EFI was recognized, bootloader loaded, I ran kext injections, got to installer point, but then got an error (attached). I read this was because bios date was out of whack so I went into terminal from there to correct it, which I did, but then couldn’t get out to go back to installer so I restarted. Ever since that point was when the EFI recognition issue started.
Having said that, with multiple different USB’s created, CMOS being cleared, etc, I would have thought that any ‘memory’ of such an event is long gone?
Could I be wrong about that? And if so, what would be the link?

Attachments

• 644C58B8-A8F8-4F58-9460-ADAAE2375CD9.jpeg
    644C58B8-A8F8-4F58-9460-ADAAE2375CD9.jpeg
    7.9 MB · Views: 20
I’m not sure if this provides any clue to what’s happened but this all started after I actually got through to the installer at one point. ie, EFI was recognized, bootloader loaded, I ran kext injections, got to installer point, but then got an error (attached). I read this was because bios date was out of whack so I went into terminal from there to correct it, which I did, but then couldn’t get out to go back to installer so I restarted. Ever since that point was when the EFI recognition issue started.
Having said that, with multiple different USB’s created, CMOS being cleared, etc, I would have thought that any ‘memory’ of such an event is long gone?
Could I be wrong about that? And if so, what would be the link?
just close the terminal window after amending the date

I did that at the time but installer never came back. All I had was a grey screen, couldn’t do anything.
Regardless, I’m just mentioning it because it was when my EFI recognition issue began & I’m not sure whether there’d be a link.
Main problem is EFI recognition right now.

I did that at the time but installer never came back. All I had was a grey screen, couldn’t do anything.
Regardless, I’m just mentioning it because it was when my EFI recognition issue began & I’m not sure whether there’d be a link.
Main problem is EFI recognition right now.

The date issue shouldn't affect UniBeast only the installer when running.

I recently installed High Sierra (three days ago) using UniBeast running on a Big Sur platform, and had none of these issues. However I installed an early version HS and then upgraded. Read on ...

The last version of High Sierra - 17G4042 - IIRC will only install APFS, not HFS+, and UniBeast 8.4 may not work with it. I'm not sure. So, you will have to either go the "createinstallmedia" or @Feartech 's route.

The date issue shouldn't affect UniBeast only the installer when running.

I recently installed High Sierra (three days ago) using UniBeast running on a Big Sur platform, and had none of these issues. However I installed an early version HS and then upgraded. Read on ...

The last version of High Sierra - 17G4042 - IIRC will only install APFS, not HFS+, and UniBeast 8.4 may not work with it. I'm not sure. So, you will have to either go the "createinstallmedia" or @Feartech 's route.
OMG. I’m in shock. Just before receiving this reply I thought I’d go ahead and clean up ghost drives for a laugh with the bcfg dump method. Sure enough, BOOM, EFI shows up on USB! Can’t believe those entries were wreaking so much havoc! Lesson learnt.
Hallelujah! Just trying out the installer now.
Thank you for helping so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back