Graphics
AMD 8730M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I installed Hackintosh ML 10.8 on my DELL Inspiron 15r 3521 Laptop.

When I reached welcome screen first time, my Laptop keyboard and trackpad doesnt work.

So I used USB Mouse to go to next screen.

Then if to type name and password etc I had to connect keyboard. But if I use USB mouse and USB keyboard together none of them work.

But if I use one at a time then it works.

My problem is I want to use my pendrive to get MultiBeast dmg inside my hackntosh so I can install drivers for wifi, trackpad, AMD graphics card and even laptop keyboard.

But if I go in safe mode, I have to enter password. and then if I remove keyboard, and stick USB mouse in then nothing works again. But in normal mode if I do the same it works. Since I wana delete AppleHPET.kext

How do I get to work all my USB together so that I can install MultiBeast ??

Please help me. :beachball:

I installed Hackintosh ML 10.8 on my DELL Inspiron 15r 3521 Laptop.

When I reached welcome screen first time, my Laptop keyboard and trackpad doesnt work.

So I used USB Mouse to go to next screen.

Then if to type name and password etc I had to connect keyboard. But if I use USB mouse and USB keyboard together none of them work.

But if I use one at a time then it works.

My problem is I want to use my pendrive to get MultiBeast dmg inside my hackntosh so I can install drivers for wifi, trackpad, AMD graphics card and even laptop keyboard.

But if I go in safe mode, I have to enter password. and then if I remove keyboard, and stick USB mouse in then nothing works again. But in normal mode if I do the same it works. Since I wana delete AppleHPET.kext

How do I get to work all my USB together so that I can install MultiBeast ??

Please help me. :beachball:

When you created your Unibeast USB, did you select "laptop support?" Laptop support adds the drivers for PS/2 keyboard/mouse.

What is a "Multibeast dmg"?

UPDATE: I re-installed with USB3 fix. Now laptop keyboard and track-pad works. MAC working fine.

Now only problem is it doesn't detect USB-PenDrive, since I want to install Wifi, sound Drivers. this is my first hackintosh attempt. I hear that after installation I have to run MultiBeast to get all drivers !!

UPDATE: I re-installed with USB3 fix. Now laptop keyboard and track-pad works. MAC working fine.

Now only problem is it doesn't detect USB-PenDrive, since I want to install Wifi, sound Drivers. this is my first hackintosh attempt. I hear that after installation I have to run MultiBeast to get all drivers !!

What doesn't "detect USB-PenDrive"?? Finder? BIOS?

Did you try booting with 'USBBusFix=Yes' ??

What doesn't "detect USB-PenDrive"?? Finder? BIOS?

Did you try booting with 'USBBusFix=Yes' ??

I did USBBusFix=Yes at boot flag. I even deleted System/Library/Extensions/AppleHPET.kext

Once mac screen reaches Desktop. If I insert my USB PenDrive, it doesnt detect that. Also, Sound, wifi, network, camera doesnt work.

I did USBBusFix=Yes at boot flag. I even deleted System/Library/Extensions/AppleHPET.kext

Once mac screen reaches Desktop. If I insert my USB PenDrive, it doesnt detect that.

I don't think HPET has anything to do with USB...

You might want to boot with "-v" to see any errors happening with USB ports. Also check your BIOS settings for USB...

Also, Sound, wifi, network, camera doesnt work.

Pretty normal... You won't have these things until you find out how to make them work (either kext installs or DSDT patches, or replacing hardware).

Sound: You need to find out what codec your HDA uses, then find a patched AppleHDA + implement DSDT patches for it.
WiFi: depends on the specific hardware present. OS X has support for only a limited number of cards. If yours is not supported, replace it.
Network: install appropriate drivers from Multibeast (if available)
Camera: probably on USB bus... and given you are having USB issues...

Use DPCIManager on OS X or 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal to discover what devices are present on the PCI bus...

@RehanMan thanks for replying. I will try to post Verbos log soon.

And I tried "lspci -nn" command without quotes in Mac Terminal, it says
-bash: lspci: command not found.

My Wifi card name is : Dell Wifi card.
Sound : Waves MaxxAudio 4
GFX: AMD 8370M 2GB
Ethernet : Realtek

@RehanMan thanks for replying. I will try to post Verbos log soon.

And I tried "lspci -nn" command without quotes in Mac Terminal, it says
-bash: lspci: command not found.

Read my post again. I said "Linux Terminal"... OS X does not have lspci.

My Wifi card name is : Dell Wifi card.
Sound : Waves MaxxAudio 4
GFX: AMD 8370M 2GB
Ethernet : Realtek

You really need to use DPCIManager or lspci...

And for audio google 'patch AppleHDA guide' and follow the first steps to obtain a Linux audio codec dump. That will give you your audio codec id, which you can then use to search for an appropriate patched AppleHDA (if it exists), or follow the rest of the guide to create your own (warning: it is very complex).

Attached my -v LOG.

after that, it reached to Desktop screen successfully.

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20130831205652279.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20130831205652279.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 306
  • CameraZOOM-20130831204355204.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20130831204355204.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 232
Attached my -v LOG.

after that, it reached to Desktop screen successfully.

You can see your USB errors in that screen shot... "EHCI controller unable to take control..."

Did you check your BIOS for USB related options and try the different settings?

Also you might try boot flag EHCIHard=Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back