Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490
CPU
i9-10900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Not sure if this were mentioned here, the search bar is horrible and since the new site design google can't do any search on this site using the "site:" string. Anyway. I found that LaCie released a USB 3.0 driver/kext for their PCIE cards which also works on some on boards USB 3.0 ports.

I personally have tried my self and works nice, I have not any USB device my self so I can't test speeds rates but finally it made my USB 3 working.

Thought some people would find this useful.

Here is the LaCie site for download the kext: LaCie is the premier manufacturer of high quality digital storage.

Down in the 4 step.

In Mountain Lion USB 3.0 is listed as "USB 3.0 High-Speed-Bus".

What board are you using?

It works in Lion but not properly. i plugged in my ipod to my USB 3.0 port, its charging but iTunes says ''iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. Could not connect to this device'' (even though its an iPod not and iPhone). However my USB memory stick worked fine.....

Yeah, this driver seems to just be an updated version of PXHCD. I'm still hoping to fix my odd USB/XMP issues when waking from sleep.

Your know how to install USB 3.0 drivers on a Mac Pro (Early 2009) with Mountain Lion 10.8.2?

I have PCIe Asus U3S6 (USB 3.0+SATA3) and external HD Lacie 2TB USB 3.0 Porsche Design P'9230.
Capturadepantalla2012-12-18ales235849_zps0aeaf13f.png

Capturadepantalla2012-12-18ales235820_zps5c6ac89d.png

I installed the original driver lacie USB 3.0 and I replaced the PXHCD.kext and the original driver profile system detects me as Super-Speed ​​but speed stays at 480Mbps USB 2.0.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back