Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 PCIe Cards that work OOB in El Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be useful to have a list of these cards in a central discussion. Please post cards that you know will work with AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext WITHOUT any patching. As well, please only post cards that you know will run at actual USB 3.0 speeds and add the chipset. I just received an Inatek KT-4006 card and it appears to work perfectly OOB.

View attachment 154354

Cards that work OOB in El Capitan:

Inatek KT-4006 (FL1100) > Amazon
Inateck KTU3FR-5O2I (FL1100) > Amazon

Note: Some reports that Orico PVU3-2O2I (FL1100) works but many are having trouble with it. Stick with the Inatek KT-4006 for now.

auidoguyjosh,

Is it possible to throw in a poll into your most top post? It'd be good to see the numbers of folks with OOB for any of the more frequently used cards. The Orico PVU3-4P 4 Port PCIe x1 USB 3.0 is supposed to be FL1100, but has not been OOB for me, not operable with any fiddling, yet. Makes me wonder if any/all FL1100 cards will be a no go on my system. I'll find out soon, going to try an Inatek if I can find a dual channel card.

After muxing about with the OricoPVU3-4P 4 Port PCIe x1 USB 3.0 for a few days, it never got any better, see above. Installed a Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card, and the connection was instant, OOB. Same on the Windows side, as well. In fact, the Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card, on the Windows 10 side, was about 15-20 MB/sec faster, not using the Inateck driver, and going with the MS default. (about 115-120MB/sec).

Quick question as i did not have time to read the thread yet.

I already installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext from Multicast post installation. I thought i would need this for future USB3 card i'm buying as i did not know there is one that works with native Apple kext.

Do i need to remove it if i get the USB3 Apple kext compatible card?

Also what USB3 card use GenericUSBXHCI.kext? is this kext any useful at all?

Quick question as i did not have time to read the thread yet.

I already installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext from Multicast post installation. I thought i would need this for future USB3 card i'm buying as i did not know there is one that works with native Apple kext.

Do i need to remove it if i get the USB3 Apple kext compatible card?

Also what USB3 card use GenericUSBXHCI.kext? is this kext any useful at all?

I tried the GenericUSB for the Orico, and that was no help. Likely due to the card not being cmpatible.

Now, on the Inatek card, with El Capitan, it just worked OOB on a vanilla Mackintosh 3,1. Perfect.

I did remove the GenericUSB kext. Installed the card, and on boot up, slipped a USB 3.0 zip drive in, and 1-2 seconds later it was up!

No need to install other kexts/nada. OOB on my system. The other card is back on the mail.

Just installed my Inateck KT4006 a few minutes ago. Connected a USB 3 Card Reader (Rosewill) to its 20-pin port. All works perfectly OOB in OS X 10.11.3.

Attachments

• Mac Pro 2016-03-10 21-24-23.jpg
    Mac Pro 2016-03-10 21-24-23.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 273
Full Success: 4 Port Internal Power Required

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B6ZCNGM/

Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card

ASIN: B00B6ZCNGM
Item model number: KTU3FR-4P

Speeds are CRAZY fast compared to my onboard. However, has common issue: Improper eject on sleep, but will relaunch drive on wake.

Question:

Has anyone tried the 4-Port (same manufacture) (direct PCI Port power - no supplemental power connection)?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFR2I2C/r

it's same price as the 2 port.

Full Success OOB in El Cap 10.11.4 with the 5 Port + 20-pin Internal Version of this card (Inateck KTU3FR-5O2I):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFR2I2C/

Getting 180MB/s Read / 80MB/s Write with my Patriot XT 32GB. (28MB/s Read / 17 MB/s Write via USB2)

Funny that System Report shows the chip as an FL1100, and loads the AppleUSBXHCIFL1100 driver, yet the USB hubs are all listed as VIA. Works great though.

Did you need to remove the GenericUSB kext?

As for the Inatek card, straight plug and play?

My Inatek card was plug and play, but speeds were very poor until I removed the GenericUSB kext and rebooted. After that, no issues at all!!

Might be useful to have a list of these cards in a central discussion. Please post cards that you know will work with AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext WITHOUT any patching. As well, please only post cards that you know will run at actual USB 3.0 speeds and add the chipset. I just received an Inatek KT-4006 card and it appears to work perfectly OOB.

View attachment 154354

Cards that work OOB in El Capitan:

Inatek KT-4006 (FL1100) > Amazon
Inateck KTU3FR-5O2I (FL1100) > Amazon

Note: Some reports that Orico PVU3-2O2I (FL1100) works but many are having trouble with it. Stick with the Inatek KT-4006 for now.

Do I have to change my profile from iMac to Mac Pro to get it work?? because in the description of the product (KT-4006) it's says that designed for MAC pro!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back