Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 PCIe Cards that work OOB in El Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It is not necessary to change your SMBIOS.

Great, thanks!

Anyone had wifi interference? My Card works ace and bluetooth is ok (native mac combo card) but it's destroyed my wifi performance down from around 40mbs to 4mbs :( took the card out and back to normal...

ignore me --- the wifi / bluetooth adaptor card was misplaced in the pci slot again... stupid thing problem solved!

Last edited:
Installed an Inateck KT4006 in my hackie and it seems to be working flawlessly! It's recognized as Generic, but transfer speeds are just fine. I can't comment on sleep as I've never been able to get that working properly anyway.

Mac OS 10.10.5
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P + i7 2600k (Etron EJ168 USB 3.0 chipset has never quite worked right)
Dell U2415 display attached, USB 3 hub working as expected
Cheap USB 3.0 2-port panel installed in a drive bay working right for the first time when connected to the card

I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the keyboard works at the Chimera boot screen. I haven't tried it at the BIOS, but I doubt it's going to work there. Acceptable tradeoff, I guess. I'm just happy to have fully-functional USB 3.0 ports instead of the halfway-functional onboard USB 3.

Hi Guys,

I'm new here, and recently bought the Inateck KTU3FR-502I for my Mac Pro (mid 2010).

Unfortunately, it's not reading any USB devices I plug into it (even a mouse, though I'm primarily going to use it for transporting video/audio from externals/card readers), even though the system report lists it as recognized. I've attached the screenshots below.

Now, I should mention it's not connect to power, which from the research I've done was deemed unnecessary. Could this be the problem though? If so, are there any cables I need beyond what was provided with the product? Also, any tutorials? I've never installed anything I had to connect to power before, so this is all foreign to me.

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 12.32.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 12.32.44 PM.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 12.33.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 12.33.18 PM.png
    41 KB · Views: 171
Hi Guys,

I'm new here, and recently bought the Inateck KTU3FR-502I for my Mac Pro (mid 2010).

Unfortunately, it's not reading any USB devices I plug into it (even a mouse, though I'm primarily going to use it for transporting video/audio from externals/card readers), even though the system report lists it as recognized. I've attached the screenshots below.

Now, I should mention it's not connect to power, which from the research I've done was deemed unnecessary. Could this be the problem though? If so, are there any cables I need beyond what was provided with the product? Also, any tutorials? I've never installed anything I had to connect to power before, so this is all foreign to me.

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!
See this link for Map Pro USB3+ card information: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/usb-3-x-pcie-cards-for-classic-mac-pro.1501482/

I am using the older HighPoint RocketU 1144C which has been replaced by the 1144D.

Update: I just saw you posted at the MacRumors Mac Pro forum section. :D

Haha, yes I did! Thanks for the quick reply. I was actually just ready to return mine after I read that post, so I suppose the Inateck I have just doesn't work on my mac?
I don't know if it's suppose to work. Before I do anything, I'd ask Inateck's support your question. You might want to plug in the power cable just to see if solves the problem.

I took the easy way and used the card that was highly recommended in that MacRumors Mac Pro forum section thread. The HighPoint cards works in both my Mac Pros (3,1 and 5,1). The HighPoint cards a pricey, but each port has its own controller. As with any thing you buy, "what are you going to use it for?" is the question you need to ask so you don't under or over buy.

Good Luck! :thumbup:

I will contact Inateck tomorrow and ask them, but just so I'm sure, what does the difference between having an individual controller per port entail? Like I said, I plan to plug a USB interface, external hdd and at times my WD passport and a card reader into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back