Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 not working with El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also using the GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD7 TH board. Installed the two kexts. Front panel USB3 working great. Back panel all reporting as USB2.0. Any ideas on how to fix it (please go easy on me, not very tech savvy - yes, this was a bad move on my part as I am not qualified for this :D- unfortunately, invested tons of $$...so...). Thanks!

Try the other USB option in MultiBeast- Increase Max Port Limit.

I am not sure I know what you mean. I see no such an option when I run multibeast

I am not sure I know what you mean. I see no such an option when I run multibeast
In MultiBeast for El Capitan v8.2.2, Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit

In MultiBeast for El Capitan v8.2.2, Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit
Nevermind! It turns out that one of my peripherals seems to downgrade the usb hub to a usb 2. Plugging the USB 3 Periphs to the second hub in the back panel, they report as USB3!
Thanks so much :).

Last edited:
OK, this board may require more work- the bottom portion of this guide explains how to create a custom SSDT for USB support:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/
Thanks Tony. I had edited my response probably while you were typing yours: It turns out that one of my peripherals seems to downgrade the usb hub to a usb 2. Plugging the USB 3 Periphs to the second hub in the back panel, they report as USB3!
Thanks so much :).

I did this a few months ago and it worked but today my drives aren't shoeing up anymore. They work on my macbook pro but no my hack. I havent updated since I got it working so idk what changed. Any help would be awesome. thanks

10.11.5 USB 3 works fine, probably.
Have to plug USB 3 devices manually and the System Information has no USB 3 info on it.
None of it.

Just found out yesterday.

10.11.5 USB 3 works fine, probably.
Have to plug USB 3 devices manually and the System Information has no USB 3 info on it.
None of it.

Just found out yesterday.

I also noticed this; I finally updated from Yosemite to El Capitan, my research indicated I would need to add the two kext's mentioned in this thread for functional USB 3.0, however System Information seems to indicate my external drive is indeed USB 3.0, and indicates Speed: Up to 480Mb/sec :) I will try the front ports soon and report back if there is any issue with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back