Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 drivers for OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rolled back to F6 from F8 and rolled back my DSDT to match and see no change. I'm starting to wonder if maybe there's a problem with my Motherboard's onboard USB3 controller. I'm sure that I have followed the instructions for the Lacie kext and PXHCD_patched but I see no result. After I ran AppleJack auto restart the next boot went slowly as each kext was loaded and I was able to see that PXHCD loaded without any error messages. I really don't want to return my new 3TB USB 3.0 drive but if I can't get the speed out of it then I don't really have a use for it. I'm hoping for a miracle!

Thanks Again,

SXBB

Well I did. That was the first way that I tried to get this going. It installed the kext but nothing showed up in profiler and my drives don't mount in the USB 3 ports. I've been hitting this hard from many angles and not getting anywhere. I'm open to suggestions? I've enabled the USB 3 controller in bios with & without TurboUSB3. Installed with multibeast 2.51. Installed by insertion into the already installed Lacie kext. Uninstalled Installed a premade experimental kext made by cartris. Always running kext utility or repairing permissions by diskutility and touching SLE or even using kextbeast or pfix but I get nada. I also tried rolling back to F6 and the F6 DSDT from the bank but nada. Is it possible that the DSDT is conflicting somehow or that iousbfamily or iousbmasstorage is conflicting? Really wanna get this going!

Thanks Macman

Well, I reflashed to F8 and reinstalled the dirvers and dsdt via Multibeast but there is no change. I gotta say that QFlash really sucks! Every time I've used it I end up with a double beep and have to screw around for a while to get it to boot again. This time I used the FLASHSPI utility on a bootable USB and it worked without a hitch. I thought maybe having a bad bios flash might have been the problem but no dice. Blowing town for a few days but when I get home I'll do a fresh OS X install on a spare drive and see if that fixes it.

Does the USB 3.0 support option in MultiBeast 2.6 install the drivers talked about on this thread or something different? I'm setting up a system using a GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard. By checking the USB 3.0 support in MultiBeast I get the Super-Speed Bus showing up in System Profiler just fine. I can plug in any USB 2.0 or 1.x device in the ports and they work just fine.

If I plug in my iPad which should actually take advantage of the USB 3.0, it will show up as an iPad in System Profiler, but I get Kernel Panic if I try to do anything with the iPad on the computer. The iPad also doesn't charge like it should on a 3.0 port. iTunes will freeze up and give an error after several minutes saying that it can't use this iPhone (yes, it calls the iPad an iPhone). After iTunes comes back from it's freeze up period, if I unplug the iPad, I get Kernel Panic. If I plug the iPad into a 2.0 port, it works just fine (obviously no charging though).

Attachments

• Xserveicons.zip
    253.6 KB · Views: 121
mbg032373 said:
Does the USB 3.0 support option in MultiBeast 2.6 install the drivers talked about on this thread or something different? I'm setting up a system using a GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard. By checking the USB 3.0 support in MultiBeast I get the Super-Speed Bus showing up in System Profiler just fine. I can plug in any USB 2.0 or 1.x device in the ports and they work just fine.

If I plug in my iPad which should actually take advantage of the USB 3.0, it will show up as an iPad in System Profiler, but I get Kernel Panic if I try to do anything with the iPad on the computer. The iPad also doesn't charge like it should on a 3.0 port. iTunes will freeze up and give an error after several minutes saying that it can't use this iPhone (yes, it calls the iPad an iPhone). After iTunes comes back from it's freeze up period, if I unplug the iPad, I get Kernel Panic. If I plug the iPad into a 2.0 port, it works just fine (obviously no charging though).
MultiBeast installs the same drivers.

As for the iPad, don't know as I don't have one.

Ok, looks like LaCie got the note and updated their Mac driver so it doesn't need to be patched anymore. :D

I just uninstalled the one from MultiBeast and ran the official installer- still showing up in System Profiler. :) Can anyone test- don't have a USB 3.0 device :p

tonymacx86 said:
Can anyone test- don't have a USB 3.0 device :p

Ok, I've just run the official Uninstaller, then restarted, then ran the official Installer and restarted to test- YUP! They've patched the official driver, and added this little note to the installer:

*This driver may work on USB 3.0 Host controllers base on the NEC 720200 chipset.

:headbang: :headbang:

Get the Official LaCie Installer here:
http://www.lacie.com/download/drivers/L ... Driver.dmg

Attachments

• usb3.png
    usb3.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 453
tonymacx86 said:
tonymacx86 said:
Can anyone test- don't have a USB 3.0 device :p

Ok, I've just run the official Uninstaller, then restarted, then ran the official Installer and restarted to test- YUP! They've patched the official driver, and added this little note to the installer:

*This driver may work on USB 3.0 Host controllers base on the NEC 720200 chipset.

:headbang: :headbang:

Get the Official LaCie Installer here:
http://www.lacie.com/download/drivers/L ... Driver.dmg
Are we supposed to use the LaCieUSB3-MacOS105.dmg or the LaCieUSB3-MacOS106.dmg or both? I would think it was one or the other, but not both.

I used the official unstaller in the downloaded LaCie USB 3.0 Driver .dmg file to uninstall the patched driver and rebooted. Installed the ...105.dmg file and rebooted - nothing - no superspeed bus in profiler.

Uninstalled the ...105.dmg with the official uninstaller and rebooted. Installed the ...106.dmg file and rebooted.
Superspeed bus showed up in profiler but no HD shows up even 15 minutes after connecting it to the USB3.0 port. I do not even get an operation light on the HD case. Tried both ports - nada.

Used official uninstaller to uninstall the ...106.dmg file and rebooted.
Used MultiBeast to install patched file - wasn't asked to reboot after successful installation and my HD (still plugged in) appeared on the desktop and shows up in profiler on the superspeed bus.

Conclusion: The official LaCie driver doesn't work for this GA-X58A-UD7, but the patched version does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back