Contribute
Register

USB 2.0 Personality not being recognized on USB 3.0 ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached to HS13 is a KVM switcher.

Here are the issues I am currently experiencing:
  1. No bluetooth: it can be turned on/off but does not discover devices nor is it being discovered. No airdrop, watch unlock, or any other function that uses BT. Again, I could have swore I had this working the very first time I switched the type to internal... so I don't know what to make of that.
  2. Sleep/Wake issues: machine will go to sleep as expected, but then periodically wakes up. If enough time has passed, then my mouse or keyboard will not wake it and I will have to press the power button to wake it up, at which time the keyboard and mouse will be activated.
One other thing that I just noticed started happening is that wifi is off after waking up from sleep. I can turn it back on, but it doesn't connect to my network.

Okay.

1) What WiFi/BT card do you have installed?

2) Which version macOS are you running?

3) Two things which will cause issues with sleep and wake are the KVM switch and water-cooler USB.

4) You need an "SSDT-Plug.aml" or "SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml" installed.

4) I'm not familiar with "SSDT-BRG0.aml". What does it do?

Okay.

1) What WiFi/BT card do you have installed?

2) Which version macOS are you running?

3) Two things which will cause issues with sleep and wake are the KVM switch and water-cooler USB.

4) You need an "SSDT-Plug.aml" or "SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml" installed.

4) I'm not familiar with "SSDT-BRG0.aml". What does it do?

1) BCM94360CS that I took out of my 2014 MBP - connected via M.2 adapter. I was actually hoping to change this to a PCIE adapter at some point.

2) 13.1

3) Noted. I'll play around with this. The KVM switcher is new for me, so maybe it's an issue. The water cooler I've had for a while and didn't have issues when I was running High Sierra.

4) SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA is something I did have but the OC power management guide indicated that it was not required for 12.3 and up. Will try enabling it and see if I notice any difference.

5) I'm pretty sure SSDT-BRG0 was added when I was trying to get my system to recognize my AMD GPU.

1) BCM94360CS that I took out of my 2014 MBP - connected via M.2 adapter. I was actually hoping to change this to a PCIE adapter at some point.

2) 13.1

3) Noted. I'll play around with this. The KVM switcher is new for me, so maybe it's an issue. The water cooler I've had for a while and didn't have issues when I was running High Sierra.

4) SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA is something I did have but the OC power management guide indicated that it was not required for 12.3 and up. Will try enabling it and see if I notice any difference.

5) I'm pretty sure SSDT-BRG0 was added when I was trying to get my system to recognize my AMD GPU.

Well I don't use the Dortania SSDT but generated my own SSDT-PLUG.aml. However if your hardware doesn't need it, that's fine.

Have you tried the BlueToolFixup.kext ? This should get your BT devices connecting.

Well I don't use the Dortania SSDT but generated my own SSDT-PLUG.aml. However if your hardware doesn't need it, that's fine.

Have you tried the BlueToolFixup.kext ? This should get your BT devices connecting.

I decided that now was the time to switch my wireless card from the M.2 adapter to PCIE and when I did this, BT started working! But, now WiFi is not connecting... it won't turn on! I added HS07 and set it to internal using Hackintool.

I really don't understand what could be the issue with the Wifi... since it's an original Apple card, I figured it would be plug and play, especially given that Wifi worked just fine when I had it plugged in to the M.2 adapter.

Attachments

• M's iMac.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 33
  • USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 11
I decided that now was the time to switch my wireless card from the M.2 adapter to PCIE and when I did this, BT started working! But, now WiFi is not connecting... it won't turn on! I added HS07 and set it to internal using Hackintool.

I really don't understand what could be the issue with the Wifi... since it's an original Apple card, I figured it would be plug and play, especially given that Wifi worked just fine when I had it plugged in to the M.2 adapter.

Okay, what a strange state of affairs! Let's see if we can make sense of it:

When you use an m.2 socket for wifi/BT you have to bear in mind what other devices might be using the same resources allocated for each slot. For example, from the official info for your motherboard:

If M2_1 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA_5 will be disabled.
If M2_2 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA_0 will be disabled.

So if you plug a wireless module in, and there is something else in the associated SATA port, then a conflict will arise.

Removing the wireless card from the M.2 slot resolves that possiblity.

Next:

Plugging the wireless card into a PCIe slot using an adapter is fine, and with a USB header for BT, all should work.

Except wireless is now absent (Wireless not turning-on is not connected with USB).

Have you tried AirportBrcmFixup from the OC devs:

https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup

Sorry I don't have the hardware to test for you ...

Okay, what a strange state of affairs! Let's see if we can make sense of it:

When you use an m.2 socket for wifi/BT you have to bear in mind what other devices might be using the same resources allocated for each slot. For example, from the official info for your motherboard:

If M2_1 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA_5 will be disabled.
If M2_2 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA_0 will be disabled.

So if you plug a wireless module in, and there is something else in the associated SATA port, then a conflict will arise.

Removing the wireless card from the M.2 slot resolves that possiblity.

Next:

Plugging the wireless card into a PCIe slot using an adapter is fine, and with a USB header for BT, all should work.

Except wireless is now absent (Wireless not turning-on is not connected with USB).

Have you tried AirportBrcmFixup from the OC devs:

https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup

Sorry I don't have the hardware to test for you ...
I sorted the BT/WiFi issue... I just plugged the adapter into a different PCIE slot and it seems to all be working just fine now. Thanks for all your guidance with this!

Sill having sleep/wake issues... although perhaps it's less likely now that it's USB-related. Including my latest EFI in case you had any thoughts before I delve into other potential causes for my issues.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back