Graphics
RX 6650 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am having some issues with sleep/wake and Bluetooth, so I went about the process of mapping my USB ports with USBMap. At least one of the major issues I am encountering is that the companion USB 2.0 personality for my MOBO's USB 3.0 ports is not being recognized when I plug in a USB 2 device.

I then tried dual booting into Windows and using USBToolBox. This DID recognize the USB 2.0 personalities, but adding the resulting Kext resulted in a black screen at startup.

Note: Kext folder contains USBInjectAll, but I have this disabled using OCAT.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 39
I am having some issues with sleep/wake and Bluetooth, so I went about the process of mapping my USB ports with USBMap. At least one of the major issues I am encountering is that the companion USB 2.0 personality for my MOBO's USB 3.0 ports is not being recognized when I plug in a USB 2 device.

I then tried dual booting into Windows and using USBToolBox. This DID recognize the USB 2.0 personalities, but adding the resulting Kext resulted in a black screen at startup.

Note: Kext folder contains USBInjectAll, but I have this disabled using OCAT.
Have you tried the Hackingtool method to map them. I think that is easier.

I did. Hackintool also does not recognize the USB 2.0 personality. For some reason only Windows is recognizing these ports.

I did. Hackintool also does not recognize the USB 2.0 personality. For some reason only Windows is recognizing these ports.

Okay, I have sat down and taken a look at your USBMap.kext.

Cards on the table - I support Hackintool and USBPorts.kext so I'm not an expert on USBToolBox though I have used it and tested with it. So...

Running the USBMap.kext on its own will certainly cause problems with USB2. There is so much wrong with it. However I believe there are two versions of configuration available with UTB and the other version features the USBToolBox kext runtime or some-such. One method uses it, the other does not. Try using that and maybe it will make sense of the USBMap.kext.

Otherwise I can list all the problems with running USBMap.kext on its own in the next post and tell you what to do to fix it ....

:thumbup:

Okay, I have sat down and taken a look at your USBMap.kext.

Cards on the table - I support Hackintool and USBPorts.kext so I'm not an expert on USBToolBox though I have used it and tested with it. So...

Running the USBMap.kext on its own will certainly cause problems with USB2. There is so much wrong with it. However I believe there are two versions of configuration available with UTB and the other version features the USBToolBox kext runtime or some-such. One method uses it, the other does not. Try using that and maybe it will make sense of the USBMap.kext.

Otherwise I can list all the problems with running USBMap.kext on its own in the next post and tell you what to do to fix it ....

:thumbup:
Ok so I've now used Hackintool to create USBPorts.kext and it DOES seem like my USB 2 ports are recognized, except for one of them, which I can live with if I have to.

I hope I've generated this kext correctly. It doesn't seem to have resolved sleep/wake or BT issues. One thing I should note is that I did have BT working at one point after changing the type to 255 - internal, however, as I have kept fiddling with the mapping, it stopped working, so I do not know where that's gone wrong.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 30
Ok so I've now used Hackintool to create USBPorts.kext and it DOES seem like my USB 2 ports are recognized, except for one of them, which I can live with if I have to.

I hope I've generated this kext correctly. It doesn't seem to have resolved sleep/wake or BT issues. One thing I should note is that I did have BT working at one point after changing the type to 255 - internal, however, as I have kept fiddling with the mapping, it stopped working, so I do not know where that's gone wrong.

Well done. That's much better. :thumbup:

A few observations:

1) Although in theory it should be fine, I would avoid using the "#" character in your comment fields. It can mean "REM" in XML parlance. As I say, because it's in a string it should be fine, but it ... worries me!

2) HS06 is set to Internal (255) Unusual on its own.

3) HS12 is also set to Internal; (255) which I might expect for Bluetooth. You will need to check using the IORegistryExplorer app to check which the Bluetooth controller is attached to.

If you get stuck with IORegistryExplorer (v2.1), just run the app and "export" an *.ioreg file. Zip and upload it and I can check it for you.

Well done. That's much better. :thumbup:

A few observations:

1) Although in theory it should be fine, I would avoid using the "#" character in your comment fields. It can mean "REM" in XML parlance. As I say, because it's in a string it should be fine, but it ... worries me!

2) HS06 is set to Internal (255) Unusual on its own.

3) HS12 is also set to Internal; (255) which I might expect for Bluetooth. You will need to check using the IORegistryExplorer app to check which the Bluetooth controller is attached to.

If you get stuck with IORegistryExplorer (v2.1), just run the app and "export" an *.ioreg file. Zip and upload it and I can check it for you.
Thanks. I've updated the port comments to exclude "#" just in case and I changed HS06, which is the USB header attached to my CPU cooler, to USB 2 (I think that's right... it's a 9 pin connector).

I'm attaching updated EFI and ioreg file

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 33
  • M’s iMac.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Thanks. I've updated the port comments to exclude "#" just in case and I changed HS06, which is the USB header attached to my CPU cooler, to USB 2 (I think that's right... it's a 9 pin connector).

I'm attaching updated EFI and ioreg file

Yep, that's great.

Well you are on the right track. Your Bluetooth controller is definitely on HS12, and you have set that to "255" so it is correctly set as Internal.

I can see that your NZXT water-cooler (my guess) is attached to HS06, so if this is a motherboard header then you were right first time - it should be "255" too, to prevent the cooler waking the PC from sleep unnecessarily.

HS13 seems to be a "Hub" which I am guessing (again) is a USB keyboard with a wireless dongle for a mouse? ASRock don't seem to specify a "hub" on this motherboard, so hence my guess.

What problems are you getting now?

Yep, that's great.

Well you are on the right track. Your Bluetooth controller is definitely on HS12, and you have set that to "255" so it is correctly set as Internal.

I can see that your NZXT water-cooler (my guess) is attached to HS06, so if this is a motherboard header then you were right first time - it should be "255" too, to prevent the cooler waking the PC from sleep unnecessarily.

HS13 seems to be a "Hub" which I am guessing (again) is a USB keyboard with a wireless dongle for a mouse? ASRock don't seem to specify a "hub" on this motherboard, so hence my guess.

What problems are you getting now?

Attached to HS13 is a KVM switcher.

Here are the issues I am currently experiencing:
  1. No bluetooth: it can be turned on/off but does not discover devices nor is it being discovered. No airdrop, watch unlock, or any other function that uses BT. Again, I could have swore I had this working the very first time I switched the type to internal... so I don't know what to make of that.
  2. Sleep/Wake issues: machine will go to sleep as expected, but then periodically wakes up. If enough time has passed, then my mouse or keyboard will not wake it and I will have to press the power button to wake it up, at which time the keyboard and mouse will be activated.
One other thing that I just noticed started happening is that wifi is off after waking up from sleep. I can turn it back on, but it doesn't connect to my network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back