i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon Pro WX 9100
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Successfully updated my “Test” system to 11.3.1 and mapped my USB ports and got them down to 14.
Added USBPorts.kext in config.plist, disabled USBInjectAll.kext and set XhciPortLimit to false.
All the USB 3.0 ports work correctly, but they are not downward compatible with USB 2.0 devices.
I have 2 USB 2.0 ports on the back (HS06 & HS13), HS13 is active which I can at least attach a hub to for mouse and keyboard connectivity.
HS06 is dead, although it shows up in the USBPorts.kext.

I must be missing something, has anybody else seen this problem or even tested for it?
I’ve attached the EFI and 2 snips.
This machine has 2 Hacks running on it, one SSD supports what I call the “Production” environment (11.2.3), and the other SSD supports what I call the “Test” environment (11.3.1). The 1st snip shows the “Production” mapping, the 2nd snip shows the “Test” mapping.

1620918207112.png

1620918329729.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 61
Successfully updated my “Test” system to 11.3.1 and mapped my USB ports and got them down to 14.
Added USBPorts.kext in config.plist, disabled USBInjectAll.kext and set XhciPortLimit to false.
All the USB 3.0 ports work correctly, but they are not downward compatible with USB 2.0 devices.
I have 2 USB 2.0 ports on the back (HS06 & HS13), HS13 is active which I can at least attach a hub to for mouse and keyboard connectivity.
HS06 is dead, although it shows up in the USBPorts.kext.

I must be missing something, has anybody else seen this problem or even tested for it?
I’ve attached the EFI and 2 snips.
This machine has 2 Hacks running on it, one SSD supports what I call the “Production” environment (11.2.3), and the other SSD supports what I call the “Test” environment (11.3.1). The 1st snip shows the “Production” mapping, the 2nd snip shows the “Test” mapping.

View attachment 518473

View attachment 518474

Hi there.

Clearly no USB mapping is present in either of the above, however did you remember to clear and refresh the Hackintool display? (Broom and circular icons at bottom).

Next - mistake in config.plist ...

USBPorts.kext is declared but there should be no ExecutablePath as it doesn't have one.

:)

Thanks for getting back to me... not sure I follow "there should be no ExecutablePath as it doesn't have one."

Thanks for getting back to me... not sure I follow "there should be no ExecutablePath as it doesn't have one."
this:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>USBPorts.kext</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string>Contents/MacOS/USBPorts</string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>

should be:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>USBPorts.kext</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>

I edited/updated to this post....

The usb mapping issue I had was because mapping kext from Catalina did not work after 11.3.x update. I had to re-do port mapping while in 11.2.3 (backup clone drive) and now it works again.

Last edited:
This is what is interesting, I have physically checked every working USB 3.0 port with a USB 2.0 flash drive and neither Hackingtool or Finder recognizes the USB 2.0 drive in any USB 3.0 port. I do see in the verbose startup a series of USB errors or failures, screen moves so fast I can not read it.

Is there a flag for verbose to step through the boot process? I think OC can output the boot to a log file, but I suspect it might go to the EFI folder and not sure I want fill up the EFI partition as it is not big to begin with, 100MB if I remember.

Added USBPorts.kext in config.plist, disabled USBInjectAll.kext, set XhciPortLimit to false and cleared the Executable path per Feartech.

I am running OC 0.6.3.
Here is the USBPorts.kext.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 43
This is what is interesting, I have physically checked every working USB 3.0 port with a USB 2.0 flash drive and neither Hackingtool or Finder recognizes the USB 2.0 drive in any USB 3.0 port. I do see in the verbose startup a series of USB errors or failures, screen moves so fast I can not read it.

Is there a flag for verbose to step through the boot process? I think OC can output the boot to a log file, but I suspect it might go to the EFI folder and not sure I want fill up the EFI partition as it is not big to begin with, 100MB if I remember.

Added USBPorts.kext in config.plist, disabled USBInjectAll.kext, set XhciPortLimit to false and cleared the Executable path per Feartech.

I am running OC 0.6.3.
Here is the USBPorts.kext.

Okay, let me get my head around this problem ...

The USBPorts.kext is fine - you just hadn't "enabled" it in your config.plist. Along with that, as I said before, you had mis-configured it too.

Looking at the screengrabs you posted above it is clear that USBInjectAll.kext and a port-limit removal patch are doing the configuration. You have the full 26x ports of a Z390 listed.

So, what to do?

"Enable" the USBPorts.kext. Disable any port-limit removal patch/quirk. Disable USBInjectAll.kext.

As for the non-existent USB2 devices ... This can happen when you configure a port as USB3-only, without a USB2 equivalent. It can also happen with third-party, add-on USB ports. Sometimes a motherboard manufacturer uses a separate chipset from the Intel one to provide USB ports. I've checked the ASUS web-site but they don't really make clear what is used in your motherboard, except the 6x Intel USB2 ports. To be honest I would assume all ports were Intel but USB2 "hubs", using third-party chips, are a common addition nowadays. Third-party chipsets can be "invisible" to us hackintoshers.

If you wish to go further upload an *.ioreg export file from the IORegistryExplorer v.2.1 app so we can check it out.

:)

Maybe this will help.... I did a search on XHC but not sure what it is telling me.

Attachments

• TestSystem.ioreg
    7.6 MB · Views: 43
My bad.
Hopefully this one works.

Attachments

• TestSystem.ioreg
    3.9 MB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back