Graphics
Intel HD graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First of all: SORRY. I DID read a lot of threads but I simply got too confused and decided to post this. I'm sorry if it's way to obvious/etc...

Okay, so I'm totally new to hackintoshing and I own a HP Probook 4530s with Intel Core i3. My doubts are:

1: Is there any way to install any version of Mac (And then maybe upgrade to a newer version) WITHOUT having access to a Mac OS X install?
2: HOW do I know if my Probook will have Wifi problems? I read there was a model which didn't support WiFi with OS X.

Thanks for your time!

First of all: SORRY. I DID read a lot of threads but I simply got too confused and decided to post this. I'm sorry if it's way to obvious/etc...

Okay, so I'm totally new to hackintoshing and I own a HP Probook 4530s with Intel Core i3. My doubts are:

1: Is there any way to install any version of Mac (And then maybe upgrade to a newer version) WITHOUT having access to a Mac OS X install?

Yes. You can install Snow Leopard using the guide (see sticky threads). You would need to purchase a SL DVD from the Apple Store. From there, you could proceed to purchase ML from the Mac App Store, use Unibeast, etc.

2: HOW do I know if my Probook will have Wifi problems? I read there was a model which didn't support WiFi with OS X.

If you have Atheros WiFi on your Probook 4530s, it will work. Anything else, you'll have to search out and purchase a compatible Atheros card and replace the one you have. Fortunately, they are inexpensive.

If you have Atheros WiFi on your Probook 4530s, it will work. Anything else, you'll have to search out and purchase a compatible Atheros card and replace the one you have. Fortunately, they are inexpensive.

But how can I know if it has Atheros? I mean before installing it.
I think the version I have is the A7K05UT because I googled the specs and that model came out. So it would technically have D-Link (That means no wifi unless I buy another card?)

But how can I know if it has Atheros?
Press F1 when you power up your laptop. It will display "System Information" . Look for WLAN FCC-ID.
Google or post it here.

But how can I know if it has Atheros? I mean before installing it.
I think the version I have is the A7K05UT because I googled the specs and that model came out. So it would technically have D-Link (That means no wifi unless I buy another card?)

In addition to BigDonkey's technique, since you still have Windows on it, go into Device Manager and look at your network drivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back