Intel Core i3 6100
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti/Intel HD 530
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all,

First off, I hope I'm posting in the correct section. If a moderator moves me, that would be helpful. Thank you tonymacx86 and moderators for the wonderful forum.

Okay, so I'm on Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and I'm looking to upgrade (to El Capitan) via bootable USB. But I'm having some trouble. I've tried various methods on creating the bootable USB (and yes, I know Snow Leopard isn't supported by Unibeast so I cut that out of the equation). One way is installing El Capitan directly onto the USB from the Install El Capitan app, doesn't work. Another one is the 'createinstallmedia' program inside the El Capitan contents under /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia and I get an error saying the program is unable to erase my USB drive; I looked up the error and the majority of Apple Communities say that the program only works only on Mavericks (10.9) or later. Last thing I tried was hard copying the files that were in El Capitan's contents onto the USB drive, that doesn't work either.

This is my first Hackintosh build so any help be greatly appreciated!

Computer specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67 GHz
Mobo: Intel Desktop DP55WB Board
Memory: 12 GB
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
Bootloader: Chimera 1.7.0

Hello all,

First off, I hope I'm posting in the correct section. If a moderator moves me, that would be helpful. Thank you tonymacx86 and moderators for the wonderful forum.

Okay, so I'm on Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and I'm looking to upgrade (to El Capitan) via bootable USB. But I'm having some trouble. I've tried various methods on creating the bootable USB (and yes, I know Snow Leopard isn't supported by Unibeast so I cut that out of the equation). One way is installing El Capitan directly onto the USB from the Install El Capitan app, doesn't work. Another one is the 'createinstallmedia' program inside the El Capitan contents under /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia and I get an error saying the program is unable to erase my USB drive; I looked up the error and the majority of Apple Communities say that the program only works only on Mavericks (10.9) or later. Last thing I tried was hard copying the files that were in El Capitan's contents onto the USB drive, that doesn't work either.

This is my first Hackintosh build so any help be greatly appreciated!

Computer specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67 GHz
Mobo: Intel Desktop DP55WB Board
Memory: 12 GB
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
Bootloader: Chimera 1.7.0

What happens when you try booting El Capitan on you're unibeast flash drive? personally i use createinstallmedia to create the Bootable USB stick. Chimera is out of date for El Capitan anyway. Recommend to try installing Clover onto a test drive and see you can boot that way.

What happens when you try booting El Capitan on you're unibeast flash drive? personally i use createinstallmedia to create the Bootable USB stick. Chimera is out of date for El Capitan anyway. Recommend to try installing Clover onto a test drive and see you can boot that way.
To restate, I cut Unibeast out of the equation because Unibeast doesn't support Snow Leopard. To answer your question, nothing happens/changes during boot time when I try to boot from the USB. How do you install Clover without Unibeast? Unibeast is the only way isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back