XFX HD7970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone.
I tried to install Snow Leopard on my PC (specs: i7 3770K, GA Z77-D3H and Radeon 7970)
I couldn't install it, then I read about SL and it not support my graphic card.
Then I bought Mountain Lion on Apple Store, but is not available to download on Win7 only on Mac.
So my question is: if I remove Radeon, can I install SL, then upgrade it to ML and put card back?
And one more thing: is it possible to create dual boot? I mean MacOS and Win7 or Win8?
Many thanks and sorry for my english.

Hi everyone.
I tried to install Snow Leopard on my PC (specs: i7 3770K, GA Z77-D3H and Radeon 7970)
I couldn't install it, then I read about SL and it not support my graphic card.
Then I bought Mountain Lion on Apple Store, but is not available to download on Win7 only on Mac.
So my question is: if I remove Radeon, can I install SL, then upgrade it to ML and put card back?
And one more thing: is it possible to create dual boot? I mean MacOS and Win7 or Win8?
Many thanks and sorry for my english.

Yes, and yes.
You can use the HD3000 on CPU gfx to install SL with iBoot Ivy bridge and retail SL DVD. Then download Mavericks, create UniBeast install USB and install Mavericks.
Not sure if 7970 is supported in Mavericks, but if it is, then you can install it again.

For dual boot see http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Many thanks.
Will try it.
I saw i links provided that AHCI is needed. But my PC refuse to boot up when
switched from SATA to AHCI.
And one more thing: I do not owe Mavericks but Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion (both genuine from Apple Store)

Many thanks.
Will try it.
And one more thing: I do not owe Mavericks but Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion (both genuine from Apple Store)
Snow Leopard to Mavericks is easiest at this point and Mavericks is free download upgrade for Mountain Lion.

What do you mean by refuse to boot? Won't boot BIOS or won't boot Win7?
If Win7 needs AHCI enabled go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976/en-us , scroll down to fix it for me and click on the Fix It button. Reboot to BIOS and set SATA to AHCI. Win7 should now boot OK and you can install OS X, which requires AHCI.

Many thanks.
Will try it.

subzero

If you change the SATA interface setting in the BIOS from the default to AHCI then Windows (AKA WINBLOWS)
will not boot do to a value that needs to be changed in the Windows Registry,
Microsoft has made a utility for this. Run it then change the value to AHCI in the BIOS and reboot WINBLOWS and your have it running.

Most likely your Motherboard did not set AHCI as the SATA setting in the BIOS.

tote

Hi.
Haven't time to do all of it.
Sorry about that.
But finally found time and will but result is weak.
First I took off Radeon to install Snow Leopard, but had issues with RAM. So I replaced RAM 16GB 1600MHz Komputerbay (unknown company) for 4GB 1333MHz Kingston. Then I was able to install it (hard drive is Western Digital 500GB). After installation, I replaced Snow Leopard Install disc for iBoot Ivy Bridge (my CPU is i7 3770K) but then appears screen which force me to reboot (in few languages) and thats it...
Any ideas?
Many thanks

Well, I installed Snow Leopard, but can't do anything else.
Network doesn't work and Finder can't recognize pendrive or CD/DVD with additional software (Multibeast and Upgrade). So I'm stucked...
Also can't run it other way than Safe Mode

I bought HP DC7800 Ultra Small Factor to continue experiment. But it seems like it will not work...:(
I tried iBoot Legacy and 3.3.0 but screen freezes with Apple logo, DVD and disc stops at all.
I've got a felling that CPU is not compatible (some Pentium Dual Core E2160) but planned upgrade to E5300.
Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back