Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
can anyone suggest a compatible 1600x900 matt screen for 4530s?

k3mp said:
i bought my screen here on ebay. actually i tried to get the B2 version, but i got the B1, which works also!

Cable can be bought here from HP Parts Store
~16€ + taxes.

it is matte, what i prefere. :)

the tools i used to upgrade: here

compare the screens:
http://www.panelook.com/sizmodlist.php? ... te=1&sizes[]=15.6&resolution_pixels=19201080&production_state=-1

hope it helps.

k3mp

Ok bought the screen on the same seller has yours...
Also bought the cable from HP and payed 16 euros plus taxes with free shipping. NICE :)
It has already arrived. Very fast delivery. Good job HP.

I just have one question:
I have a webcam on my 4530s, do i need to buy a cable for it? The cable 646274-001 don't seem to have any connection to the webcam.

Thanks

No you don't. Camera has its own cable and you don't bother about it

Nice... Thanks :)

has anyone tried using the vga output after switching to the patched dsdt that was required for the hd screen?

i confirmed that the vga output worked when that fix was released several weeks ago, before i changed screens.

i tried it yesterday, and there appears to be no output (blue screen on my attached TV)

i know the resolution isn't great, but it's nice to have the vga output so i can connect my laptop to tv's in hotel rooms when i travel.

thanks

ken

Great news! For those interested in performance screens Laptopscreen.com have the B156HW01 V.4 in-stock right now!
It's Matte, 1080p, and it's RGBLED and it's got an NTSC Gamut of 95% and you can check the other aspects on the Anandtech.com review where they claim that it is one of the best (non-IPS) monitors... price is only 99$ prior to shipping. I asked them and they claim it is working with our 4530s!!! Well I maybe try it soon.

Also Alinc.com promised me that they will provide USPS international shipping for the HD+ cable within 2012 which is great news for EU users... I 'll contact them back to see if anything changed but you better stick with your local dealer. Most times he can do cheaper.

Dirtybits said:
Hi! can anyone suggest a compatible 1600x900 matt screen for 4530s?

Well for everybody interested for 900p screen you can try directly this. They will send you a matte LP156WD1(TL)(B1) or (B2).

If you are interested in glossy try LP156WD1(TL)(A2)...

Hope this helps...

good news, thanks timohour!

For all of those who are skeptical of buying an 1080p over an 900p due to reduced letters and bitmaps I am uploading some screenshots. If you open them in full screen you will know which res is for you. I also upload one screenshot with HiDPI Res (the biggest available) @960x540. While it seemed to be very promising it is not applicable on even a 1080p screen. it is like having a Retina Display (much alike to iPhone and iPad) but the res available is very low and unusable. It would be almost perfect if there was a 2560x1440 (1280x720 HiDPI) or even an 3200x1800 (1600x900 HiDPI) 15.6'' although I feel like the latter won't be supported by the Dual-link of our cable. However it is unusable for internal screen only it is very helpful when using your laptop as a secondary display with an fHD big external monitor(>23'') where it would make letters and bitmaps almost the same as on the external monitor while you will run your screen on 1080p! The last screen shot is a combination of my external 23'' 1080p with my internal @960x540 HiDPI. The internal screen is actually running @ 1080p too!!!

768p 900p 1080p

540p HiDPI 15.6'' & 23'' 540p HiDPI & 1080p

Attachments

• Quartz Debug.app.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
timohour said:
Great news! For those interested in performance screens Laptopscreen.com have the B156HW01 V.4 in-stock right now!
It's Matte, 1080p, and it's RGBLED and it's got an NTSC Gamut of 95% and you can check the other aspects on the Anandtech.com review where they claim that it is one of the best (non-IPS) monitors... price is only 99$ prior to shipping. I asked them and they claim it is working with our 4530s!!! Well I maybe try it soon.

DAMMM just received my screen today.... :eek: I should buy that one...
Well whats done is done.... I'll have to live with my LP156WF1 (TL)(B1).

Now i need to put this baby on my laptop. Do you guys have a nice tutorial to do that on you tube? Not only to remove the lcd but to do the entire job with changing the cable and connecting the web cam. That would be nice....

Thanks

timohour said:
Also Alinc.com promised me that they will provide USPS international shipping for the HD+ cable within 2012 which is great news for EU users... I 'll contact them back to see if anything changed but you better stick with your local dealer. Most times he can do cheaper.

I bought my cable from my country (Portugal) HP Parts Store with free shipping. 16 euros and the cable took only 2 days to arrive by UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back