Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to remove almost everything but there is a video tutorial at HP web site.
The videos have everything except the screen removal. For this check that youtube link.

what's the best order to do things in? leave the screen till last or remove that first?

I have read through all of this and am quite confused... lol

I need to purchase a chord as well?

Also, a great display? I am wanting about the best 100 can buy... something 1080p

I am using 4530s...

http://www.amazon.com/LG-LP156WF1-Full- ... B0045VY0W4

That what I want? Or is there a nicer one that will work? I want one that has the same finish as Macbook Pros... not sure if thats glossy or matte? Lol.. love that glass look!

no - there are the same glitches and lines. It's a nightmare in lion with 1080p too.

F2Air said:
no - there are the same glitches and lines. It's a nightmare in lion with 1080p too.

do you mean that is worst as with the original LCD?

Just received my screen today! got the B156HW01 V.4

just about to install it but where can i find the dual link patch? I didnt see it anywhere on this thread - probably missed it when i was looking through. Can anyone help me out with the download link?

EDIT: found the download link for it but how do i know which one to use? Should I use the F0A or F20?

I have the integrated intel graphics card in my 4530s

randomhm said:

just about to install it but where can i find the dual link patch? I didnt see it anywhere on this thread - probably missed it when i was looking through. Can anyone help me out with the download link?

EDIT: found the download link for it but how do i know which one to use? Should I use the F0A or F20?

Check your bios version :thumbup:

giacomoleopardo said:
randomhm said:

Check your bios version :thumbup:

just checked and my bios version is f.09

does that mean i use the F0A dsdt?

Thanks for the help!

randomhm said:
just checked and my bios version is f.09

does that mean i use the F0A dsdt?

Thanks for the help!
Post your current dsdt.aml
I'll check if it's already patched.

Status