Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueking said:
No problem!

What size screen did you get?

I'm afraid of the words being too small.

1920 x 1080.
Don't be afraid of the small text. For example at Safari you can set the default font size little bigger.
But it depends.
How old are you?
It is ok with me, and I am closing to 40's.
Otherwise the 1600x900 should be perfect.

Edit: Did you do something about the black screen on battery boot, or it is just the screen that reacts different?

I'm younger then you ;)

But alright good.

And I didn't do anything.

Did you use the BIOS trick?

nikstar said:
1920 x 1080.
Don't be afraid of the small text. For example at Safari you can set the default font size little bigger.
But it depends.
How old are you?
It is ok with me, and I am closing to 40's.
Otherwise the 1600x900 should be perfect.

Edit: Did you do something about the black screen on battery boot, or it is just the screen that reacts different?

Very happy it worked for you too. The new screen is awesome...

Hmmm. I may move back to my 4430s. I think the 4530s is just a bit over the line with regards to size and portability. It's definitely outside of my sweet spot.

1080p looks gorgeous but it also might be just a bit on the small side for pixel size. It's really quite a shame the 4430s doesn't support 1600x900. I'd settle for buying a foreign model just for the motherboard at this point. So close to MBP replacement perfection, and yet just far enough away. Hmmmm..... :think: :think: :think: :think:

LSB2011 said:
Hey Timohour!

Found your video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPweyqQx-Tg)

It's great man, thanks.

Wondering why you haven't submitted it us yet? (I found it by checking Google)
It's definitely worth the extra credits =)

P.S. Added your tutorial on our site already, just waiting for you to drop us a line in the support ticket. (http://www.laptopscreen.com/index.php?s ... es=PROBOOK)

Just watched that video. Would be awesome if you showed how to get the bezel back on with the hinge covers still attached. I just can't get the bezel flush against the screen around the hinge covers and it's driving me crazy. Everything else about this install went smooth except for this. Any chance of videotaping that for me? :)

saltydog4791 said:
Just watched that video. Would be awesome if you showed how to get the bezel back on with the hinge covers still attached. I just can't get the bezel flush against the screen around the hinge covers and it's driving me crazy. Everything else about this install went smooth except for this. Any chance of videotaping that for me? :)

Sorry man but right now :( I am very busy studying for college exams. Maybe when I am done I will do that for you. However it ain't that difficult. The bezel have two bulges that have to go behind the the hinge covers. After that you are good to go...

hopefully, one of the folks here who has successfully installed a new screen and cable in a 4530 will post the part numbers and sources for the parts. there are several posts in this thread with that info, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on exactly the right screen, and exactly the right cable.

thanks

ken

faithie999 said:
hopefully, one of the folks here who has successfully installed a new screen and cable in a 4530 will post the part numbers and sources for the parts. there are several posts in this thread with that info, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on exactly the right screen, and exactly the right cable.

thanks

ken

Cable: 646274-001 from hp spare parts.

Screen: http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/scr ... 9%28F3%29/

Either glossy or matte works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back