Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help.

I took out my dvd drive and put in another one with same connector.

But not meant for this laptop.

I can't get it out now.

It doesn't have the tab to push it out.

What can I do to get it out?

What about to open the door and pull it out from the door or with the door open, maybe there is something else to grab it from inside?

Haha I did that. Pulled out the tray... terrible idea. (Not blaming you, just warning. I did it before I saw this.) Thanks for the advice. It just was sticking, so I gave it a real yank. Scared the heck out of me though, hoping it wasn't connected.

It was a lady friends laptop drive I broke, so if I have to replace it as well as my laptop... that would have sucked.

But now I *think* I fixed both. But at least my laptop works so whatever.

Is the tray so fragile? I think it can stand a little force, enough to pull out the drive. Sometimes you can understand the breaking limit, but sometimes not. :cry:
The good is that you manage to put it back :thumbup:

nikstar said:
Is the tray so fragile? I think it can stand a little force, enough to pull out the drive. Sometimes you can understand the breaking limit, but sometimes not. :cry:
The good is that you manage to put it back :thumbup:

Well one rail of the tray was already disconnected. But yes, and it works!

I just found something. There is a way to control the contrast. You must hit alt+ctrl+command and "," to increase or "." to decrease.
Is working on my 1080p screen and I think it should work and at the OEM's screens.

Working with OEM screen too :D

I'm replacing my stock 4430s screen with a 1366x768 glossy screen from Laptopscreen.com this AM. I was tired of the terrible colors on the stock screen. I'll report back once I'm done.

liposuction said:
I'm replacing my stock 4430s screen with a 1366x768 glossy screen from Laptopscreen.com this AM. I was tired of the terrible colors on the stock screen. I'll report back once I'm done.
And you're 100% that the HD+ screens don't work? I know you've tried a million of them but I'm confirming.

I'm never 100% sure. I've only got two 4430s to play with unfortunately. The motherboard part number is identical. I tried the HD+ cable for the 4530s and the 4730s, as well as two different screens. The only thing I haven't tried is the USB3 replacement motherboard, and my search for one turned up pretty fruitless. I found one place that carried them but it would have cost me $400 just for the replacement motherboard, which is highway robbery.

It really sucks, but I honestly think that the 4430s was never set up to take a screen with a higher resolution than 1366x768. The only think I can think of is that there is a model outside of the US that came with that option. As far as I can tell, the current motherboard part numbers from HP (USB2.0 versions) don't support the higher resolutions.

YMMV.

EDIT - To be honest, I can't believe this thing is still running as well as it is. I've had it apart more times than I can count. It still snaps back together really well and boots right up. o_O o_O o_O (With the exception of the hinge covers. Those things are beat to hell.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back