Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
As this is a different project in itself, it will not be included in the installer. However, you can simply use the DSDT's from earlier in this thread.

OMG. These hinge covers. I can't get the bezel back on properly. When I took the bezel off I just maneuvered it around them but now trying to get it back on I just can't get it flush properly. Is there some trick to this? The youtube video clearly glosses over this painful step. Everything else was a relative walk in the park compared to this last step.

I was able to boot into windows no problem and get 1080p. In Lion I just get a black screen once I get past the grey apple logo screen. Not sure what to do now. Any help on the hinge covers or the OS would be greatly appreciated.

Bah humbug!

timohour said:
nikstar said:
In order to find out which one is for our screen I need more data and I'll get them next week, when I replace my screen.
To get an idea of what I am talking about check this.
Also there is a possibility to convert it to a TV (if there is for our panel) using this

Just a note...
Be careful cause the above controllers are for LCD Screens only, and can not be used for our screens which are LED screens (clearly stated into the item's description)...

Instead we can use something like this which is supposed to work with LED screens. I am in contact with the seller asking if it is compatible with my LP156WH4(TL)(D1)... I 'll post info here so everybody can take advantage and use his screen (if he doesn't want to sell it.

Yes I know that these are for CCFL screens and not for the Led ones.
I just gave him an idea of what these boards are. :)

I found at the web some others controllers that are for leds too. If this is our screen's P/N I'll contact them for more info.

saltydog4791 said:
OMG. These hinge covers. I can't get the bezel back on properly. When I took the bezel off I just maneuvered it around them but now trying to get it back on I just can't get it flush properly. Is there some trick to this? The youtube video clearly glosses over this painful step. Everything else was a relative walk in the park compared to this last step.

I was able to boot into windows no problem and get 1080p. In Lion I just get a black screen once I get past the grey apple logo screen. Not sure what to do now. Any help on the hinge covers or the OS would be greatly appreciated.

Bah humbug!

OK. I figured out the black screen. Replace the dsdt silly. But these hinge covers...UGH.

timohour said:
xpamamadeus said:
1:)All 4730s comes with HD+ cable!!
2:)How to upgrade without any issues if i dont know what fHD screen to choose?
3:)There its no 4730s model with 1366x768 ress

Its 17" probook not 15" !!
Thx for ur help but it wass al wrong.

My help isn't wrong. Since I already anwser another post about 4730s, your question made me think that there is a 4730s coming with an hd screen. I posted previously that the 4730s can upgrade @1080p screen. If you want to know which screen is combatible open your screen and check on the back side where the connector is located. (it's possible that your connector is located on the left.). After that you can upgrade to any 1080p 40pin left side connector screen you want. Hope this helps

Thx.
I am not sure but will try to buy upgrade.
Think to buy this http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ASUS-N73SV- ... 349wt_1163

This may be obvious to someone who is more familiar with DSDT, but...
MY BIOS is F09, is that DSDT for a specific bios?

blueking said:
As this is a different project in itself, it will not be included in the installer. However, you can simply use the DSDT's from earlier in this thread.

Also, what is everyone planning on doing with their old screen, putting it in a box, just in case, or trying to sell it off?

?es is different for every bios version

Take this, is for F.09 bios, patched for HD screens.
All the thanks going to blueking, he patch it for me.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    137.8 KB · Views: 133
saltydog4791 said:

Bah humbug!

Yeah the hinge covers are a bit tricky. You have to put them on loosely, then the screen bezel, and then work the bezel around the screen covers a bit, then get the screen covers in place, THEN tighten up the screen bezel. It's quite a process, but I assure you it's much, much, much worse on the 4430s.

So, I received the HD panel and the cable today.
I just finished the installation and the result is much better than I hope to.
The biggest improvement is at the text. Huge different. It is crystal clear now than before. The text was not so "uneven" and smooth. Was like a cheap photocopy, but now is superb. It is a little bit small now but I can use to it.
The colors also are a lot better.
Overall the quality of this panel is years ahead of the original one.

I think is worthing the money. And if you find someone else to buy them together (as I did with timohour as we are from Greece both) you will save some money, mostly from postage for cable.

Notes: The dual link patched DSDT is not working with the old screen. It results a black screen, and everything looks like is working ok except the display.
Also something else I want to mention is this patch also fixed the black screen issue on battery power! I do not know if this was happened accidentally but I want to thank blueking again for patching this for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back