Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bagnolet said:
lilryu said:
I'm planning to upgrade my screen also. I have an a7k05ut hp probook. I've looked at this thread :

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=62175

and saw that with the auo b156hw01 v4 screen, sleep doesn't work... I am not sure why. Is it because of the difference in cable? Anyways, I don't mind getting auo b156hw01 v5 - is the quality just as good as the v4 version?

I'm looking on laptopscreen.com and I see that the v5 has two version, the matte and glossy while the v4 only has matte...Any recommendations on which I should get.

I do want a laptop that can go to sleep.
Thanks!
I have the AUO B156HW01 V4 and there is no problem with sleep (except Bluetooth upon wakeup but this has nothing to do with the screen).

You have the a7k05ut also?

Hi!

I've been thinking about upgrading the screen of my 4530s, however I have a model that is not on the model list thread. It is a LY475EA which is basically a scandinavian version with a scandinavian keyboard. It is most likely exactly the same as A7K05UT as it has the same processor, just with a different keyboard.

Any thoughts on this? Any recommendations or precautions I should take before buying one as this model haven't been tested yet?

Thank you!

Edit: I'll mention that it is a 320GB HDD if that has any meaning at all, since people were talking about "500GB 4530s" models were failing on the screen switch.

Byzentean said:
Did it work when you changed the screen back? Because mine wont.. Any help on what you did

Yes, it did, that's how I realized that my cable is wrong/bad.

Likemike said:
What´s the matter with booting speed? How long does it take to start up?

Really LONG, about the same as my 5400rpm HDD. All apps start super fast and all, but the boot time is terrible. My desktop boot Lion in seconds, but my laptop takes at least 30-45 seconds every time.

Chipsybg said:
Really LONG, about the same as my 5400rpm HDD. All apps start super fast and all, but the boot time is terrible. My desktop boot Lion in seconds, but my laptop takes at least 30-45 seconds every time.

From which point are you counting?

Mine takes about 30 seconds from pushing the power button. Here is a video of my Probook with SSD booting.
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zqARBvy1CU[/VIDEO]

The video was taken on 10.7.3. Now it´s on 10.7.4 and boots up a few seconds faster.

Yours is super fast compared to mine. I count from the point when the Apple logo shows up. I almost give up on booting and then it boots :)

The profiles are working nice form me. Now it´s clear to me why my last photo print was so different to my screen :mrgreen:

Anyway thanks for posting bagnolet.

So, after read during 3 days the all post, just to say: I want to upgrade my 4530s, but I think mine is the new model: it's a 500gb hdd and i3 2330M 2'2ghz. So, it's the new, I think.
Can I upgrade to 1080p with B156HW01 V.4 + 646274-001 or 646273-001???
Of course, which is the dsdt that I need? I'm confused if I can use the probook installer v4 version or use one of the dsdts in the long post. Also, my actual dsdt has the fan issue fixed and I'd like to keep it.
I'm on F09 bios version. My exactly model: LW854EA
Anyone can say me what should I do? Keep my money in my pocket or try it?
Thanks!!

lolorm said:
So, after read during 3 days the all post, just to say: I want to upgrade my 4530s, but I think mine is the new model: it's a 500gb hdd and i3 2330M 2'2ghz. So, it's the new, I think.
Can I upgrade to 1080p with B156HW01 V.4 + 646274-001 or 646273-001???
Of course, which is the dsdt that I need? I'm confused if I can use the probook installer v4 version or use one of the dsdts in the long post. Also, my actual dsdt has the fan issue fixed and I'd like to keep it.
I'm on F09 bios version. My exactly model: LW854EA
Anyone can say me what should I do? Keep my money in my pocket or try it?
Thanks!!
The v4 ProBook Installer has all the 1080p DSDTs (for each BIOS up to F.20) and they all have the fan fix in them.

I'm considering putting the 1600x900 in mine, but have yet to read this monster thread to figure out if that is possible and what exactly I need to do it. I've thought about the 1080p, but I'm almost certain my 48 year old eyes will not be able to read text that small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back