Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got the HP ProBook 4530s (A7K05UT#ABA) . As soon as I got it I also got the B156HW01 V.4 and the 646274-001 Cable . When I was all finished I tried to start it up and all it does is the power light turns on for about 5 seconds, the fan does not turn on, and the screen does not turn on and then it powers off.
Any Help.. Please!

I even switched the screens back and it wont start... any help?

Byzentean said:
So I got the HP ProBook 4530s (A7K05UT#ABA) . As soon as I got it I also got the B156HW01 V.4 and the 646274-001 Cable . When I was all finished I tried to start it up and all it does is the power light turns on for about 5 seconds, the fan does not turn on, and the screen does not turn on and then it powers off.
Any Help.. Please!

Dissemble it again, then reassemble it.... Remember to undo and redo EVERY cable properly. Lots of users had this problem and was solved with this technique :D
Also return with the results.

Byzentean said:
Any Help.. Please!

I had the same problem with the same laptop model, the solution that worked for me was to order the 646273-001, now everything is working fine and dandy, although I'm not at all happy with the booting speed of my laptop with SSD.

waqarhassanpk said:
Byzentean said:
Any Help.. Please!

Dissemble it again, then reassemble it.... Remember to undo and redo EVERY cable properly. Lots of users had this problem and was solved with this technique :D
Also return with the results.

took apart and put back together... nothing changed. fan doesn't even start.. Do most people have the problem?

Does it all work with the old cable? Hook up the original cable with the 1080p screen and see if it'll boot. Yes, many people had problems with this particular model number.

Chipsybg said:
Does it all work with the old cable? Hook up the original cable with the 1080p screen and see if it'll boot. Yes, many people had problems with this particular model number.
i tried connecting just the old screen and cord and it does not work.

Chipsybg said:
Byzentean said:
Any Help.. Please!

I had the same problem with the same laptop model, the solution that worked for me was to order the 646273-001, now everything is working fine and dandy, although I'm not at all happy with the booting speed of my laptop with SSD.

Did it work when you changed the screen back? Because mine wont.. Any help on what you did

Chipsybg said:

What´s the matter with booting speed? How long does it take to start up?

I'm planning to upgrade my screen also. I have an a7k05ut hp probook. I've looked at this thread :

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=62175

and saw that with the auo b156hw01 v4 screen, sleep doesn't work... I am not sure why. Is it because of the difference in cable? Anyways, I don't mind getting auo b156hw01 v5 - is the quality just as good as the v4 version?

I'm looking on laptopscreen.com and I see that the v5 has two version, the matte and glossy while the v4 only has matte...Any recommendations on which I should get.

I do want a laptop that can go to sleep.
Thanks!

lilryu said:
I'm planning to upgrade my screen also. I have an a7k05ut hp probook. I've looked at this thread :

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=62175

and saw that with the auo b156hw01 v4 screen, sleep doesn't work... I am not sure why. Is it because of the difference in cable? Anyways, I don't mind getting auo b156hw01 v5 - is the quality just as good as the v4 version?

I'm looking on laptopscreen.com and I see that the v5 has two version, the matte and glossy while the v4 only has matte...Any recommendations on which I should get.

I do want a laptop that can go to sleep.
Thanks!
I have the AUO B156HW01 V4 and there is no problem with sleep (except Bluetooth upon wakeup but this has nothing to do with the screen).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back