i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

Hope someone can help me out, ive just got a RX 580 and ive tried to remove the nvidia web drivers and also change my Plist. but when i remove the video card and put in the RX, it doesnt go past the verbose screen it goes blank.

Any idea or any what i have done wrong?

Enclosed is my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 157
I'm almost in the same way to install that GC. I ordered an RX580 and I'm waiting for the Graphics card arrive and switch between my actual GTX760.

I don't suppose is as easy like turn off, switch the cards and turn on. I read something about add " RadeonDeInit = true " in the config,plist but I'm not sure yet.

I'll follow this post and see the main progress.

Hi guys,

Hope someone can help me out, ive just got a RX 580 and ive tried to remove the nvidia web drivers and also change my Plist. but when i remove the video card and put in the RX, it doesnt go past the verbose screen it goes blank.

Any idea or any what i have done wrong?

Enclosed is my config.plist

Which version of macOS are you using? Do you have Lilu and WhateverGreen installed?

For now, please try disabling these three to see if it helps:
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 2.09.18 PM.png

I attach my config.plist for recommendations or changes I have to do when I switch the graphics card. I'm actually in 10.12.6 OS.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 78
Which version of macOS are you using? Do you have Lilu and WhateverGreen installed?

View attachment 368643
I do not have Lilu or WhateverGreen installed. ill have a search for what that is, should i have them installed?

Im running High Sierra 10.13.3

Thanks ill go and disable them 3 and see how i go.

I do not have Lilu or WhateverGreen installed. ill have a search for what that is, should i have them installed?

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.3

Thanks ill go and disable them 3 and see how i go.

I suggest you update to High Sierra 10.13.6 and see if your RX 580 works. 10.13.4 and above has native support for RX cards. I am running High Sierra 10.13.6 with my RX 580 and it works without using Lilu and WhateverGreen.

View attachment 368643

Silly question. I have the same issue so I was trying to disable those three but they are not listed for me. How do I add them? they are not in the "List Of Patches" drop-down.

I attach my config.plist for recommendations or changes I have to do when I switch the graphics card. I'm actually in 10.12.6 OS.

Try this it has Rad Deinit which is required in Sierra.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back