Contribute
Register

Upgrade video card from Nvidia to Ati

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly question. I have the same issue so I was trying to disable those three but they are not listed for me. How do I add them? they are not in the "List Of Patches" drop-down.

Sierra needs rad de init in Clover/Graphics, High Sierra and Mojave don't.

I'm so close to getting this card working 100%. Setting IGFX as default in the bios fixes the black screen issue for me and all my 3 displays work perfectly, but I don't the bios splash screen nor Clover boot screen to select between Mac/Windows. I even connected one of the displays to both the RX580 and the integrated card's HDMI and nada.

Any tips on how to avoid having to set IGFX as default in the bios?

I'm so close to getting this card working 100%. Setting IGFX as default in the bios fixes the black screen issue for me and all my 3 displays work perfectly, but I don't the bios splash screen nor Clover boot screen to select between Mac/Windows. I even connected one of the displays to both the RX580 and the integrated card's HDMI and nada.

Any tips on how to avoid having to set IGFX as default in the bios?

My pentium Haswell is set to no IGFX/IGPU or disabled. Have you tried that?

My pentium Haswell is set to no IGFX/IGPU or disabled. Have you tried that?

Yes, that's how I have it with my current GPU (Nvidia 980Ti) which works fine but my goal here is to move away from Nvidia and be able to upgrade to Mojave.

If I could only see clover during boot up I would be happy with the RX580. So close.

Yes, that's how I have it with my current GPU (Nvidia 980Ti) which works fine but my goal here is to move away from Nvidia and be able to upgrade to Mojave.

If I could only see clover during boot up I would be happy with the RX580. So close.

If you disable IGPU you should see it.

If you disable IGPU you should see it.

That's the issue, if I disable IGPU I can see the bios splash screen and clover bootloader, but then the screen goes black on Mac OS (they work fine on Windows).

At this point, I'm having to choose between the Radeon working on all three screens but no bootloader (so I can't choose windows when I need it) and vice-versa.

That's the issue, if I disable IGPU I can see the bios splash screen and clover bootloader, but then the screen goes black on Mac OS (they work fine on Windows).
Removing some preferences has helped me after swapping GPU. There is this file
Code:
/var/db/.com.apple.iokit.graphics
and the login window plists you should find with this command
Code:
sudo find -E ~ /Library -regex '.*(Preferences|ByHost)/com.apple.loginwindow.*plist'

Last edited:
Removing some preferences has helped me after swapping GPU. There is this file
Code:
/var/db/com.apple.iokit.graphics
and the login window plists you should find with this command
Code:
sudo find -E ~ /Library -regex '.*(Preferences|ByHost)/com.apple.loginwindow.*plist'

By "Removing some preferences" you mean deleting those files?

Yes try deleting them, @tecemac found a typo in .com.apple.iokit.graphics path, that file is hidden.

I moved all the files you suggested to a folder on ~/Desktop, disabled IGFX, rebooted, and still goes to black :banghead:

So, so close but still not there yet. Do you have any other suggestions? Also, on the BIOS, if I set primary graphics to PCI and keep the integrated video enabled and a display connected to it, when I reboot both of the displays go to black, but I see the beachball spinning on the one that is connected to the integrated one. I Don't know if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back